Respected Contributor

Tracfone Transfer Wizard and Activation ???

[ Edited ]

OK so I received my New Motorola Moto 6- Currently my Samsung is still turned on- 

Question: Do I use TransferWizard while the old phone is activated andnew hone is NOT? or do I activate the NEW phone, THEN dothe TransferWizard? 

I guess I worry that if ttransfer FIRST, and the new one doesnt activate correctly, and I should, heaven forbid, have to send it back, well , then it has all my data on it..

I feel stupid, cause I have done this all before but I dont recall..I DO recall it was kind of a pain! LOL!

Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone Transfer Wizard and Avcivation ???

@Mothertrucker.  Somebody posted not long ago that Transfer Wizard doesn't work anymore.  Can't vouch for that as I haven't needed to use it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I don't know if the Wizard is still working, but when I did it the last time I activated the new phone FIRST, and when everything was set up on the new one, even screen time-out time, etc., I downloaded the Wizard on the new phone (it was already installed on the old phone) then I did the transfer.

It worked perfectly, even did the screen photo, all contacts, whatever I checked to transfer over.  Took a few minutes.

Hope it is still an option as I have a new Samsung watiting to be activated....

Respected Contributor

Thank you @author and @Kachina624  - I will SOON find out!The Transer Wizard viedeo is still up on youtube ..maybe that is a good sign!

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker 

Let us know if it still works...

i left you a message on the other tracfone threadSmiley Wink

So i can learn from you how to set mine up later!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Valued Contributor

I activated the new phone first. I sure hope Transfer Wizard still works as it made things super easy last time I used it. Please keep us updated @Mothertrucker . Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@Qgirl26 @Mothertrucker 

So do i...so i will know the short cuts,etc by the time i get my new one..Smiley Very Happy

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Regular Contributor

Re: Tracfone Transfer Wizard and Activation ???

[ Edited ]

I just used the transfer wizard and it worked.  Just wish I could have transfered my calendar.  It didn't offer that option.  Everything else transfered from my old android to the new android in 5 minutes.  I thought having a google account that is synced I could have transfered the calendar too.  

Super Contributor

Re: Tracfone Transfer Wizard and Activation ???

I did the transfer wizard first then activated the phone.