Contributor

Tracfone Rebel 4 data connection

https://www.qvc.com/Tracfone-LG-Rebel-4-Smartphone-with-Case-and-1200-MinTextData.product.E232595.ht...

Do you have a Rebel 4 and are you able to use data?

I see one review with same issue. Data on but remains disconnected from network.

Because I have another phone I'm able to look for differences. The network names do not match but I don't know if that's significant. Also the network was not activated on the phone when I initially looked in settings so I turned it on but it still isn't connecting.

I actually called Tracfone and got someone trying to be helpful but to no avail. I likely have to exchange phone but I don't want to if this is a flaw in all of these phones.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone Rebel 4 data connection

@leigh- I don't have the phone you do so I'm not sure what your settings are like, but I have one suggestion.

Have you, since you turned on the network, shut the phone down completely and then back on?  Sometimes a reboot will force the connection.  Worth a try before you send the phone back.  Also, is your wi-fi on?  I know that shouldn't make a difference but I always try everything!

The only other thing would be to contact the carrier (e.g. Verizon or whomever it is).

Respected Contributor

@leigh wrote:

https://www.qvc.com/Tracfone-LG-Rebel-4-Smartphone-with-Case-and-1200-MinTextData.product.E232595.ht...

Do you have a Rebel 4 and are you able to use data?

I see one review with same issue. Data on but remains disconnected from network.

Because I have another phone I'm able to look for differences. The network names do not match but I don't know if that's significant. Also the network was not activated on the phone when I initially looked in settings so I turned it on but it still isn't connecting.

I actually called Tracfone and got someone trying to be helpful but to no avail. I likely have to exchange phone but I don't want to if this is a flaw in all of these phones.

It's extremely important.  You need to connect to your home's Wifi if you want to use it with your phone.  What have you don'e to connect to your Wifi?  Do you know the security code number to connect to your network? 

Contributor

Thanks, Venezia.

I had tried a reboot but not with data on. Just tried that and no cigar. Also turning airplane mode on and off. Yeah, wifi is off.

I'll post the access point names in case someone comes along and has the phone.

Non-working phone: tracfone.vzwentp

Working: vzwinternet

It was interesting that the non-working phone network was initilly not even enabled. I though turning it on would be the fix, but no.

Contributor

Thanks. It's the data connection that's not working. wifi is fine. I think it's either a general flaw with the phone (less likely because I'm not finding a lot online) or this particular one got out without proper programming.

I'm getting a replacement so at least I know the first thing to check. Usually I just make sure calls, texts, wifi work. I've probably set up at least 10 tracfones between me and family and this is the first glitch I've encountered so I'm not too annoyed. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@leigh  - I know you said you're getting a replacement, but here's the help library from LG's  website, covering troubleshooting data connection.

Good luck!

Troubleshoot Data Connection 

Contributor

@Venezia 

Thank you for finding that! Unfortunately I've done it except for the reset. I'm convinced something is not set correctly. I dug out a couple of old phones and they have the same APN as my working phone. They all also have the ability to add an APN where the non-working one does not.

I'll update when I get the replacement and can see its settings.

You were on the right track, if you tap twice on the Access point name it will eventually allow you to change the name, change it to VZWINTERNET, completely wipe out the old name when doing so.