Super Contributor

Re: The good, the bad and the ugly of ordering computers from QVC

We never ordered electronics from Q. Usually outdated or overpriced. Hubby gets things from Tiger Direct or New Egg. Mark up must be good for Q to push them. Used to be jewelry that brought in the profits.
Valued Contributor

I recently had to return my Le Pan tablet. Sent it back on Monday and by that Friday of the same week the return was processed and my money refunded. I couldn't be more pleased with QVC.
Honored Contributor

I have purchased an HP Desk top and 2 Dell Lap Tops from QVC. I never had a problem with the units, delivery or tech support. The price was great.

I once ordered (many, many years ago )a Gateway desktop from a Gateway Store and I had to drive 2 hours to get there. The unit was over $3000 and it was a lemon. I have never purchased anything from Gateway again. Their PC's and tech support let me down big time.

I always purchase my Apple products directly from Apple.com and never had a problem with them either. They are always overpriced at QVC.

I have owned two Lexmark printers purchased from QVC...never again, They are junk! Only HP printers for me from now on.

Not applicable

i purchased a zt systems pc from this site, low priced and with easy pay, and it was a lemon. lasted maybe 18 months and broke down, had to send it clear across the country in the mail (expensive)- to get repairs under warranty. they sent it back to me and it lasted maybe 2 or 3 months before it went ont he blink again. So then i bought an Acer since the repairs can be done locally. Bought extended warranty too. And now after about a year or so, no problems. Thank God.

Super Contributor

I shop around and many times they've had the best price for what I want. Just bought a nice laptop for my son for college. It was a good price, got a lot for our money and my son likes it so far. The same features cost a lot more other places. And it actually arrived within a few days.

I check everywhere and the best price with the best features gets my business.

Esteemed Contributor

There is no good part... just bad and ugly when ordering a computer or any gadget from QVC.

Frequent Contributor

On 9/8/2014 Matty6 said:

There is no good part... just bad and ugly when ordering a computer or any gadget from QVC.

Why?
Contributor

We bought our first computer (Dell desktop) from the Q many years ago. It lasted 12 years without a single problem. Three years ago I bought an Acer laptop. I have not had a single problem with it. I have dropped it twice on the concrete and it still works great. At the time that I bought each computer, I checked around and these computers had what I wanted. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another one from here. Both computers were reasonably priced compared to the local stores.

Honored Contributor

On 9/8/2014 Matty6 said:

I don't agree. I don't know about "gadgets," I'm not a gadget person . . . but I have bought two Dell laptops from QVC and I used the first one for seven years with no problems (and it's still working, I only ordered a new one for the upgrades).

I have had 90% good luck with the tech help as well. And with the warranties and the extras, I found them to be a very good buy.

Sometimes the "bad part" comes from the user, and I'm not insinuating that is you.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I would never buy a computer from the Q, but there is one advantage I can see. If you buy when the extended Christmas return policy is in effect. You can have the thing for months and still return it if you don't like it.