Esteemed Contributor
  1. Couldn't get a picture this morning, Called up and used the word reboot to them. I say this everytime I have tro uble, It works and gets going right away. They alkways want to send a tech without trying anything first, like a loose connection They should try . Thought it might come in handy the word to them from you if needed.
Esteemed Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:
  1. Couldn't get a picture this morning, Called up and used the word reboot to them. I say this everytime I have tro uble, It works and gets going right away. They alkways want to send a tech without trying anything first, like a loose connection They should try . Thought it might come in handy the word to them from you if needed.

I'm assuming, maybe incorrectly, that you're having them do a re-boot from their end but can't you do a reboot on your own? I can do it one of two ways, the on-screen menu or by holding down the power button on the box for about 10 seconds then it starts rebooting. Just did that yesterday morning when the picture would pause but the audio part kept going, then the picture would fast forward and catch up with the audio, it kept doing that repeatedly. I rebooted it doing it on-screen by way of the menu (cause I was watching tv in bed and too lazy to get up and walk to the cable box to do it) and that fixed it. I get that glitch as well as "your signal has been lost" baloney and rebooting works for that as well.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1

The way you wrote this I have no idea what your problem was, or might be. Any electronic of this era, a reboot should be a starting point if it suddenly up and quits. Much of the time, that are pulling the power plug fixes it.

You used the words "called up and used the word reboot"? Called up whom? Not too many posts here confuse me, but!!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)