Respected Contributor

TSV HP Laptop Shipped

[ Edited ]

My new HP TSV computer has shipped from China. It shows it has gone through customs and on it's way. When you go to look at the description and item# they have taken it down and Sorry this item is no longer available. I had cancelled mine but it never cancelled so it must be meant for me to get it.

If I am satisfied with it I will add the Square Trade Warranty to it. I bought the 15" in Gold and I will keep fingers crossed I love it. I got the software packet five days ago.

Anyone else get an email your computer is shipping? 

Honored Contributor

@MKR14  How exciting to be getting a new computer! Hope it's everything you want it to be.  Once those things get into the USA, they seem to take the scenic route to your house. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSV HP Laptop Shipped

[ Edited ]

@MKR14. I got an email too. It's on route from China. Seven years ago I purchased the HP TSV laptop for my son who was starting college.It still works!! But now he's in law school & I'm going to surprise him with this new one. I purchased the silver one.

I got the 3 year drops & spills extended warranty when I ordered the laptop.

Honored Contributor

@MKR14

Hopefully all works out for you. I will say "I have never bought a computer other than directly from the manufacturer, and I have not bought an extended warranty on any of my(over decades) of buying any of my many electronics. Back in much earlier decades to me it was, and still is a waste of money. I, to this day, have ever regretted keeping that money in my pocket, and I am talking close to 100 devices, maybe more.

I only bought extended warranties when I ordered my new cars, if they were transferable to the next owner. Those came with only a 12 month warranty, and I knew I would sell them myself in a couple years, depending on if I liked the next Ford model.

Selling a creampuff car/well maintained, with low mileage had more potential buyers. Throw in 2-3 years of warranty? They were an easy sell and for the going top price on everyone of them.

Electronics? The less moving mechanical parts, the smaller the chance of having an expensive problem. I can think back decades and the VHS and SVHS were the only ones I ever tossed, but not before the cost was low enough to make them a throwaway piece of equipment. I still have a good working Sony receiver I bought in 1973, and it still works just fine, as does my Pioneer of the 1980's.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Occasional Contributor

I have to admit that I didn't realize this computer was being shipped from China. I recognized that it was manufactured in China, but I thought the laptops were stateside ready to be shipped.  I kind of feel the QVC was a little disingenuous by not clearly stating that it was being shipped from China.

I was unable to cancel my order. So I hope that the computer has no problems.  I have order a computer from QVC in the past, but I received it within a week.  I would have not purchased it if I had known it was beind imported directly to me from China.

Occasional Contributor

Hope you all have better luck with yours than I did with mine.  Mine was a total dud.  I ended up buying the HP 17" touch screen with 12GB of RAM a qaud core AMD processor, 2 TB hardrive, Office and tech support for life. This thing is slow to boot up, freezes constantly, will shutdown for no reason, etc. Good luck with the so-called "premiere" support as well. They are quick to tell you to contact HP who will tell you it's not a hardware issue and it's a software issue, then try to tell you if you need help it's going to cost you $99 to fix your problem this time. I just spent 6 hours yesterday between the two trying to get some resolution to my issues and ended being told that I needed to spend $99 to remove some malware that was in windows that McAfee or Windows Defender did not find, "because there isn't any software out there that can catch everything" and had to pay this to remove the malware.  Even after all of that it still hasn't improved how the thing runs.  The old laptop I have tha is 7 years old from Gateway that is a quad core and only 4 GB of RAM can run circles around this piece of junk that I bought.  To make matters worse everyone who wrote reviews after purhcasing the same laptop is having the same issues I am so it seems to be a trend.  I'm really surprised that QVC continues to do business with a vendor that sells such an inferior product. Unfortunately I cannot return mine because of all of the time I have taken to try to correct the issue and I'm now out $700. I will never make another electronic purchase at QVC.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Retire2022 wrote:

I have to admit that I didn't realize this computer was being shipped from China. I recognized that it was manufactured in China, but I thought the laptops were stateside ready to be shipped.  I kind of feel the QVC was a little disingenuous by not clearly stating that it was being shipped from China.

I was unable to cancel my order. So I hope that the computer has no problems.  I have order a computer from QVC in the past, but I received it within a week.  I would have not purchased it if I had known it was beind imported directly to me from China.

Where do you think 99% of computer come from?  Whether it's shipped directly or indirectly, computers are built in China then sent to the USA.  The only way to avoid it is to have one build locally. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut  I never buy new car warranties as they have their own.  I checked before I bought the computer and Square Trade was $159 for three years. I decided not to buy it as if I keep it for two weeks and it is ok I may keep it but if any slowness etc. it will be returned. Thanks for the input as if it is ok after two weeks it should be ok. Hope you and your wife are doing well. If the keyboard is cheap it will be sent back.

@2tired4it  I know what you mean about buying junk nowadays. They don't make anything like they used to. I would have contacted Corporate if they tried to charge me at the PC Support. I hope you reported it to QVC. I haven't seen many good reviews on any computers lately. Worse comes to worse I will factory reset my Toshiba and have the fan checked out on it first.

@Retire2022 I have had two laptops that came directly from China when ordered and they were two of the best I ever had. Freshly made and sent.

I will post after I receive mine and play with it a few days. This computer already has the Creator Update on it so it may not have the extent of updates as some. I think they do too many updates anyways.

I hope several of us will post a review here on the TSV laptop as it has been taken off the site as Sold Out.

Esteemed Contributor

I always buy from the source... Good luck with your computer. I notice that QVC sells computers that are older models.  Woman Surprised

Occasional Contributor

I have purchased three laptops from QVC in the past, two HPs and one from Dell. Yes, they were manufactured in China, but obviously in stock in the USA because I received in one week.  

Three weeks later, I still have not received the laptopand there is further delay because of a import clearance problem.  I'm just saying that QVC did not state on the website that the laptop was being shipped from China and conveniently the product information has been removed from their site.  If that had been stated, the customer could make an informed decision. whether to make the puchase and wait or shop elsewhere.