Honored Contributor

Re: TOUCH SCREEN LAPTOP?

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Moonchilde, come back and tell us what you bought and what you think of it pls.  LM

@Lilysmom, I had said in an earlier post, but it's a Dell i7 processor with 6GB of RAM and a 1TB hard drive, with a DVD as well. The setup was pretty simple (except for !$&;#%! Microsoft & their never-ending registrations). My wi-fi connected immediately and so did my printer. I downloaded a couple of programs and did a lot of configuring and settings stuff but will do more as I read more into Win 10 for Dummies ;-)

My old laptop gave me fits whenever I had to do an iTunes upgrade. The computer was just full of misc junk.  So it would take a few false starts & aborts and anywhere from a half hour to an hour. I was utterly shocked that iTunes downloaded and installed on the new computer in less than 5 minutes!

My first laptop, like 15 years ago, had been a Dell and I thought it was just okay. I've had a Toshiba i3 for the past 6 years or so and it's been a goodie, no complaints. But Dells are always a bargain, price-wise, and this time around, money was a factor, so... Plus, things change and IT people are now happy with Dell builds again - go figure!

So far, so good. My model has no bells or whistles, but its basic specs are good.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all