Honored Contributor

Suggestions on what to do with a 2013 IPad

I have two new iPads... no longer need my older heavier iPad I bought in 2013.  It works fine. Any suggestions on how to sell this... or what do people do with these?

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions on what to do with a 2013 IPad

See if you qualify for "Apple Trade-in."

copy/paste link--->apple.com/shop/trade-in

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I’m trading mine in towards the new one I just ordered.  Not that I got much—barely enough to cover the tax.  But I have no use for two, especially one that’s too old to update.  So whatever I got was better than taking it to the recycling center.

Respected Contributor

Best Buy recycles old electronics.  I just took both of my old phones to Best Buy last week.  But make sure you reset it to factory setting, which will wipe out your personally data.  (I watched a youtube video that showed me how to do that and followed along).

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I inquired about selling or trading in but the offers were so low that I would be giving it away. I just gave mine to nephew who uses it for games, puzzles, and watching Youtube videos. I wiped everything else off and he loves it. 

Honored Contributor

Consider donating to an after school program, or a veterans group.   

Honored Contributor

Amazon has an electronics trade in program.  You let them know what you have to trade, they give you an estimate, then send you a mailing label.  After they receive it, they send you a gift card for its value.  

You might get 25-35 for an older iPad.   But it stays out of a landfill, and they recycle the usable parts 

Esteemed Contributor

I had a older Ipad and a windows laptop from 2016 that I donated to my office. Make sure your older devices update if they just work fine that is not enough. And you might be subject to a lot of bad "ju ju" along the way.

Honored Contributor

If you wouldn't get much for it, I would give it to someone who can't afford an iPad. I'm sure they would appreciate and be very happy.

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

Best Buy recycles old electronics.  I just took both of my old phones to Best Buy last week.  But make sure you reset it to factory setting, which will wipe out your personally data.  (I watched a youtube video that showed me how to do that and followed along).

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

you need to delete that device  from  your apple ID so that your old device is no longer associated with you.  resetting to factory will not do the same thing