Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung Trade-In Program

@gardenman    Some months ago, I decided my problem was a bad battery.  Bought one on Amazon, went to YouTube and got directions for replacing.  Figured out how to get the back off.  However, after further research, I concluded it was the socket.  I again got YouTube instructions which we're discouragingly complicated and didn't seem to be a job for amateurs.  At this point, I gave up.  It is a S2.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I finally setup my tablet. This is the best device of this type I have ever used. It is on pare with a Note 10 plus phone. It has a fast processor, enough RAM, and a large amount of. storage

I am typing using my favorite SwiftKey keyboard with some feedback. I have wanted a keyboard on tablet like this for a while.

You will not be disappointed with this device.

The tablet does not have a headphone jack. I found some Samsung AKG Oem. earbuds for $25. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624

Amazon and Best Buy  both have a limited time sale on a few S series tablet. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg   Thanks, mine has already shipped.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Is it only on the S series? I have a Samsung A50 that went downhill last month. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@apple1964 wrote:

Is it only on the S series? I have a Samsung A50 that went downhill last month. 

@apple1964

Yes, the company wants to sell high end phones and tablets.

Amazon  Prime Day has some decent sales on S series tablets. The S6 Lite with 128GB running Android 10  will get an upgrade to Android 11.

The S7 tablet is a 11 inch flagship device and on sale, because most folks like the S7+. 

You may want to check Best Buy for open box tablets in excellent condition. 

Samsung increased the number of Android upgrades a device will receive. 

Please look for this schedule online before you buy a new product. 

Contributor

I did not know that there was a trade in program. I have  several older phones and tablets just laying in my drawer doing nothing. I will check with T-mobil about this and I will call Samsung also to find out more. Thanks for bringing this thread  to all our attentions.

Esteemed Contributor

We are a Samsung phone family; DH and I recently needed new ones ( his was 5 yrs old, mine 6 yrs .  His was seriously overheating, mine was just very old). So no trades for us!  We bought him a Samsung A70 (Sams C!ub), me an A21 (Amazon on Prime Day).  We also bought 400 MB cards for both phones.  These are very nice phones and our total cost was $600 for two phones and then we added two cases ($26 and $15).  We should be set for 2-3 years with nice, inexpensive smart phones.  They are 4 g (won't have 5 g in our area for several years, best bet).  Checking at Verizon Store last week, it appears we saved 50% on similar equipment ( that's a lot of $$).  I needed to get my phone set up by Verizon $20; while I was there, other customers getting Ser up spent between $1200-$6000(multiple iPhone 12s). What has happened to us that this kind of expenditure is average??? They all were buying them on time, needed insurance etc.  We paid cash, didn't add insurance.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patbz 

This family received a discount on the phones from Verizon. This promotion comes with a interest free payment plan for qualified buyers.

Many customers take insurance. 

Samsung has a website where you can sign up and check registration on your phones. 

I found my Samsung phones and tablets associated with my account. You will find warranty information listed for your products. 

The company extended the security patch cycle for many of the newer phones and tablets. I would recommend checking this schedule before buying any Samsung phone.

I learned from YouTube. It is not safe to use a smart phone without security patches.