Esteemed Contributor

Samsung Trade-In Program

[ Edited ]

Samsung.Com has a trade-in program for tablets. They also have a  separate one for smartphones. 

You will receive a credit and an added accessory amount for ordering before the release date.

I traded in a S5e tablet and bought an S7+ tablet.

I paid about $450 for the S5e and received a credit of $360. I paid $764 for the S7+ tablet. 

This included tax and shipping. 

I learned about trading in program on YouTube.

The promotions on smartphones pay higher amounts. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung Trade-In Program

just purchased a new samsung tablet and note 10 last month because my devices finally gave out, but did not received any options for a trade in via ATT.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

My Samsung tablet died and I'm not able to charge it.  I think there's something wrong with the inside connection.  Couldn't retrieve any of the photos or stored data, which I really needed.  I hesitate to buy another, although I really liked it.  Also hesitate to turn it in with all the data on it and inability to clear it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

just purchased a new samsung tablet and note 10 last month because my devices finally gave out, but did not received any options for a trade in via ATT.

@sunshine45

Sorry to hear your carrier didn't offer you a promotion of some kind.

I received a $300 Verizon upgrade offer. A small discount on the phone over 24 months.

LOL, I had an old Note 5.and that is nothing to trade. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45

Sorry to hear your carrier didn't offer you a promotion of some kind.

I received a $300 Verizon upgrade offer. A small discount on the phone over 24 months.

LOL, I had an old Note 5.and that is nothing to trade. 

LOL @Nuttmeg  i beat you......i traded in a NOTE 4 that has lasted me a long time. this is why i went with a NOTE again. love them.

what did you end up getting?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

My Samsung tablet died and I'm not able to charge it.  I think there's something wrong with the inside connection.  Couldn't retrieve any of the photos or stored data, which I really needed.  I hesitate to buy another, although I really liked it.  Also hesitate to turn it in with all the data on it and inability to clear it.

@Kachina624 

Do you have a Google backup?

I have a feeling your charging connection is bad or it could need a battery.

What tablet model do you have?

Some of the older series maybe able to be fixed. These would be the older thicker tablets like the S 8.4 or S2 series.

Any tablet where you can install a battery. The newer tablets like the S5e are glued in place.The older devices were just fitted together. 

You may want to look online for a battery. You can then decide to call a repair shop. 

I would try to backup your photos and data to Google Photo and Drive. 

You can  always damage the tablet with a hammer before recycling. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45

A Note 10 plus. Once a Note fan always a fan.

This phone is impressive. That is the reason I traded my tablet. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624

A tablet needs to turn on and not have a cracked display. A customer needs to remove all personal data. The company can refuse a trade and charge the full price. LOL, Samsung has folks payment information.

You may want to consider these tablets:

S6 2019 premium product with a S-pen. 

S7 2020  flagship device with a LCD display. 

S7+  flagship device 12.4 in witn a OLED display. 

The S5e did not have the power and RAM to be a computer replacement.  The S7+should be fine. It has a 865+ processor, 8 GB RAM and a 256GB or storage. 

Android 10 is a resource hog. It uses 3.2 GB of RAM in Power saving mode. It has used 35GB of storage on 128GB on my tablet.  

My Note 10 has 256 GB of storage and 12GB RAM. It will not freeze while I am reading an article or searching emails. 

I found a YouTube channel "The Next Tablet '.  I had a difficult time finding any reviews on a new product not released to the Americas.

This gentleman is from Germany and he reviews only tablets and Chromebooks. 

I found his site very helpful when I needed to buy a Chromebook for my grand-niece. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624

LOL,

I have not opened my tablet yet.

I want to talk about the S7 plus customer. This person will buy an iPad Pro.

A person will pre-order this tablet from Best Buy and not be happy with it. This return is sold as an

open box device with a condition. An open box device is a good value.

The Chromebook I found my grand-niece was an open box device in excellent condition online. 

This product came in a large Best Buy box with security tape and a new wrapped power plug, and cable.   

Best and Amazon usually have a sale on

Samsung S series tablets in November or December. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Replacing the USB socket isn't a huge job for a decent technician. Getting to it is often the hardest part of the job. Once to it, a tech with a hot air station can remove the old socket and replace it within five minutes. You might want to look at ifixit.com to see if they have a teardown of your old tablet. It's not impossible to replace a USB socket with a soldering iron, but a hot air station makes it easier. To do it with a soldering iron you'll need to aggressively wick the old solder away and use care that you don't tear off the pads on the circuit board. Putting the new one on is easy with a soldering iron. Replacement USB sockets cost less than a dollar. If you live in an area with a phone repair business, they can probably replace the USB socket without a lot of trouble. It might cost between $20-$50 (or more) depending on the difficulty in getting to the socket. It's not a very difficult job. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!