Trusted Contributor

Recommendations on a Printer

I am in the market for a new printer. I currently have an HP color jet that is now experiencing some bleeding issues on the paper. I no longer purchase the ink replacements from HP and get dupes from Amazon. That has worked out pretty well. Until now. The printer is maybe 10 years old. Any ideas?

Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations on a Printer

I have an HP from Wal-Mart.  It's nothing fancy, basic model.  It was around $48.  At the time my criteria was the cost of replacement ink. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Deanie, I replaced my inkjet with laser.  So happy not to have to deal with ink anymore.  Mine is Brother from a Costco.  Love!  LM

Respected Contributor

We have a Brother and really like it. Before that, we had 2 HP’s that printed well while they worked, but broke down after about 2 years. While we could never get the wireless print feature to work on our HP’s, it was very easy to set up on the Brother. Also, the Brother toner cartridges are much cheaper than the HP. The only issue with the Brother is that there was supposed to be a program through Amazon (for a slightly higher fee) where the printer would sense when the ink supply was getting low and Brother would automatically send new cartridges. This didn’t work, so we got a refund of the extra fee and now get our cartridges from Amazon on auto-delivery. 

Honored Contributor

@Deanie

I have tried pert nears all name brands, and years ago I bought a couple I found/find to be the best for my purposes. For me Canon is the only brand I will purchase.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@hckynut  I love it ....pert near...does that take me to my memories of my grandparents.  I use it and others like it that my children correct becasue it is not cool...wait for it...icebox

Honored Contributor

I've had a Brother laser printer for a few years and love it.  Bought in on sale at Staples.  It's not color and very affordable.

Valued Contributor

HP PRINTERS are the best around.never had an issue .the one I have now is

8 years old and still going strong..