Honored Contributor

How old is your Firestick? I have two Fire Sticks (a first-gen one and a more recent 4K one) and a Fire TV (the Element 55" one from 2017.) Apps work differently on each. Everything works well on the 4K Fire Stick from a year or two ago. Some apps (YouTube and Paramount+) get a little buggy on the older Fire TV setups. I just ordered a new Fire Stick yesterday during Prime Days for $16.99 to replace my oldest one. I suspect that will fix the issues I have with it. Apps keep getting larger and larger and more complex, and sometimes the older hardware just can't keep up. Updating the Fire Stick to a newer version might solve the problems you're having. (No guarantees but at the Prime Day prices it's an easy upgrade.) It's one more option to consider.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman It is pretty new, I also have a Roku on another TV and it happens on that one too. It must be an issue with HULU. I may call Verizon but I'm sure they'll say it isn't something on their end. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@gardenman It is pretty new, I also have a Roku on another TV and it happens on that one too. It must be an issue with HULU. I may call Verizon but I'm sure they'll say it isn't something on their end. 

Yeah, that sounds more like an app issue. It could be your provider throttling certain services, but I would suspect an app issue instead.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Rebooting Your Router

[ Edited ]

I just ordered the Netgear Nighthawk TSV router on HSN.  It's $129

I re-booted last week.  I got to thinking I have 3 TV's - two of which are Smart TV's.  Two phones, laptop, ipad ...

Downloads have been slow too.

I hope this prevents these issues.