Contributor

have you returned a product with a lithium battery.   They mail it out by UPS but give you a label for post office.  The post office does not except lithium battery packages so must use UPS.  Has anyone returned items with the USPS return label on the invoice and had no problems. The post ofc doen't give reciept so how would you prove you returned it. 

There are new laws for lithium batteries d/t safety issues.   So has anyone come accross this issue with returns.  QVC uses UPS to mail but return label with USPS. I think they should send a return label for same way it was sent.  

Contributor

Re: RETURN CHARGE RIP OFF!!!

I did not select the Topic label when I hit post it came up with that title by QVC....not sure what happened but message is what I was asking....iSSUES WITH RETURNING BATTERIES IN ELECTRONICS

Honored Contributor

The post office does give receipts.

Can't QVC's labels be used for either USPS or UPS?

You can always make your own label, and return the item from the venue of your choice.

Super Contributor

I'm not sure why your post office is not giving receipts. I always get one and I only send back items the cheapest way possible (no insurance , no quick delivery , etc. )  It just shows the zip code area sent to , the date and the cost of mailing but it's something. Ask for one.

Super Contributor

Most Post Office branches do give receipts but I have gone to a small.branch near my home that told me they do not have the machine to print a receipt.  If I needed a receipt I needed to go to another branch.  I did.

Honored Contributor

I was told that post offices are no longer giving receipts because they scan the number of the item into their system so there is a record of it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I live in a small town and don't always get a receipt.  It depends on the person working.  Some give them, some say they can't.  By work there's a USPS area in a gas station.  They always say they can't.  I haven't had any issues.

Trusted Contributor

You are fine returning items with lithium ion batteres using QVC's return label.  Although the packages are dropped off at the USPS, they acrually ship via ground transportation with QVC's carrier (which piks up the packags at the post office).

As long as you have the tracking number, there is no need for a receipt (which many post offices cannot provide).

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm pretty sure the USPS changed the requirements for mailing lithium batteries in cell phones a few years ago. They either need to be installed and packaged so the phone cannot be turned on or cushioned separately in the box so they cannot be crushed. Number of batteries cannot exceed amount needed to operate the electronic item and  few more things on the list. I took it to mean I can mail back everything in it's original packaging without a problem. Check the USPS site.