Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Questions about streaming music in a car...

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Kachina624 how does this answer any of my questions?  lol  Why did you even take the time to respond?  SMH

@Ainhisg   It's a beautiful April day and I just needed a snarky remark to make it perfect.  Thanks for contributing to my happiness. 

Oh that is so very sad to make others feel bad and it makes your day. If that's happiness for you, maybe mingling in the real world instead of living on this board would be most helpful. 

Valued Contributor

The options in every car are different, it seems. The Chrysler I just bought has Apple and Android play. When I click on audio it goes to Apple Music which I subscribe to -- and I can get to my Apple Music library for music I have on my phone. I haven't tried a USB stick with songs on it.

Super Contributor

@Halidon wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Kachina624 how does this answer any of my questions?  lol  Why did you even take the time to respond?  SMH

@Ainhisg   It's a beautiful April day and I just needed a snarky remark to make it perfect.  Thanks for contributing to my happiness. 

Oh that is so very sad to make others feel bad and it makes your day. If that's happiness for you, maybe mingling in the real world instead of living on this board would be most helpful. 

Perfect!

Super Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@author wrote:

I have a new Buick and alas, no cd player anymore.  However I do have SiriusXM and am thinking about going the route of my own music instead. 

I have a port for a USB memory stick in the center compartment, so I loaded one up with my music, good for in the car, and put it in, found it on the screen/menu, scrolled through all the options on it, selected the cd I wanted to hear, and it worked GREAT.  It's not streaming, but playing your cd's you have downloaded to a thumb drive. HTH.

And yes, your dealer can help you figure it out!

I have a new GM car and requested a CD player as an extra.  It is in my glove compartment.

Wow that sounds very cool lol! Ugh we bought a new GM in January 2020 and that was one thing I was very disappointed about, no CD player- wonder if they could install one without voiding any warranty? 

Is it okay if I ask how much more it was for it? Seriously considering looking into that.

Does it work just as well as a traditional CD player in a car? 

Thanks for the info!