Honored Contributor

Re: Questions about chromebookso

@Toppers3 , thank you for saying my comments were correct, it isn't often that I'm right!

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Toppers3 , thank you for saying my comments were correct, it isn't often that I'm right!

You're welcome! Heart Smiley Happy

I sure know how that goes too, about being right! LOL! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for your informative comments about these types of batteries, @gardenman .

I get e-mails from HowToGeek and that is where I think that I read about these Lithium-Ion batteries. 

I probably learned more than I wanted to know, too! Smiley Very Happy

I think what happened with our old laptop though--which didn't help the battery--is that it was just left sitting around--literally. My husband literally lost interest in it. It's a Windows 8, and he didn't care for the set-up of it of  using the tiles with it. 

That was the time that he bought his first Chromebook, so when I wanted to do some things that you needed Windows for, I "revived" it and plugged it in and updated it and got it up and running again and was actually surprised to get as much as I did from its battery.

I'm still using it but it doesn't hold a charge for a long time if you unplug it from its cord, but I think that it does need a new battery and power cord to help it out and I need to figure that out for it.

The sound also needs to be checked, and I'm still trying to figure out what I "did" to make it sound fuzzy/unclear at times--download a driver, etc.