Contributor

Question for Ring Floodlight Security Camera Owners

[ Edited ]

I received the TSV, the Ring Floodlight Security Camera, a couple of days ago.   I checked out the online installation videos and the printed instructions.  I came to notice that there was  (what looks to be) a  round white disk  that I assume protects the electronics and wires shown  in the video and intsructions.  The floodlight cam I received is missing that disk.

Can you tell me if the one you purchased came with that disk?  I emailed Ring and have not heard back yet. I don't want to install the floodlight if that part is essental to protecting the wires and electronics.  The picture below is what mine looks like.Ring.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Question for Ring Floodlight Security Camera Owners

[ Edited ]

@CookieC25

Send the pic to Ring & ask them or return it for exchange.

On the Ring site the owners manual shows this piece is the mounting bracket if that's what you are talking about. I would think you need it to mount the Camera?

RingCapture.PNG

Contributor

If you look at the picture below, the part you attach to the base has a white round thing (disk) covering all the wires.  Mine doesn't have that.

Ring3.jpg

Honored Contributor

@CookieC25

IMO Ring put it on there so it's there for a reason. I would not install it without it.