Respected Contributor

Question about facebook and public figures?

I am not on facebook and really do not wish to join. However, I do enjoy looking at the pages of public figures such as Valerie Parr Hill where she posts sneak peeks and have always been able to do that.

When I go there now it shows the page for a few seconds and then a big white square comes up saying I must sign it to see the page. This is the same now for all public figures on my computer.

Any thoughts? Thank you! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about facebook and public figures?

@wonderfulworld

Usually that sign that comes up gives the option to log-in (if you are a member) or sign up to become a member and below that (in small print) it says something like 'not now'. 

If you click that 'not now', it lets you view without joining.

At least that's what I remember from the couple of times I've viewed FB, I'm not on it either.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld

There should be a small ‘X’ in the upper right hand corner of that white pop up box.  Just click on it and the box will disappear and you should be able to view the Facebook page.

Respected Contributor

Thank you both for your replies. The 'not now' is no longer there and an x in the corner does not show up...I might try letting it sit there is case on does show up after a bit.

Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld

If the pop up is just a box, as it is for me, have you just tried clicking on the main Facebook page behind the pop up?  If I do that, the pop up asking me to sign in goes away and I can view the page I wanted.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@wonderfulworld

If the pop up is just a box, as it is for me, have you just tried clicking on the main Facebook page behind the pop up?  If I do that, the pop up asking me to sign in goes away and I can view the page I wanted.

Thank you...will give that a try. I can get through on my phone just fine...it's just my main computer.

Respected Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@wonderfulworld

Thank you...will give that a try. I can get through on my phone just fine...it's just my main computer.

Juat tried...the white box won't budge. Hopefully it is temporary. Thanks for the suggestion!