Frequent Contributor

I have been trying every which way to get QVC online for the past couple of hours and have not been able to do so. I thought perhaps my husband had done something to make QVC inaccessible to me! I just called the phone number listed and was told it was not my computer, thank goodness. They were trying to fix the problem. Just tried again and was glad the site came up. Yippee!

Super Contributor
I thought for sure they would have posted something on Facebook...but NOTHING.
Super Contributor
I just got on, on my iPad, after not being able to get on all day. First thing I did was go to my account and delete my credit card, just to be safe. I've only made one small purchase this year, and barely any at all over the last 5 years. No sense in leaving that info out there, particularly when I don't know what is going on.
“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Honored Contributor
There have been several posts from QVC customer care on the QVC Facebook page stating that IT is working on a solution to the website problems which have been occuring all day. Seems to impact mobile/ipad more than PC users. Use your PC to access your account and/or to place orders.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor
I am the OP. It's working now for me on my iPad. The problem seems to be fixed.
Honored Contributor
No, it's not fixed. There are still website issues. Orange warning banners are running and there are intermittent issues.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor
On 8/26/2014 dooBdoo said:
On 8/26/2014 stevieb said:
On 8/26/2014 Mz iMac said:

It's possible the QVC site has been hacked and their IT department is doing some behind the scenes cleanup.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I don't know which is more frightening that the site might have been hacked or that their IT Department is in charge of cleanup... Personally, I think this is 'planned maintenance' or an 'upgrade' that went awry, as they usually do around here... And, of course, they posted no advance notice...

Hi, stevieb! There was no advance notice, but they posted a banner at the top of the page late last night/wee hours of early this morning that they were doing scheduled maintenance on the website.

I knew that was a terrible sign. This sort of mess always happens after their inept technical team tries to make changes here.

A mess indeed.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

eta: I wouldn't start a panic about possible hacking, but frankly I don't save my credit card info on this website anymore. Not since the debacle a couple of years ago when they had a major glitch and displayed other customers' account numbers when we tried to log in.

I agree. I heard an expert talking about how vulnerable websites are to hacking when they are trying to correct errors (Affordable Care website) and I started to think about these issues QVC has. This one was major! I'm thinking of removing all my cards from the site.

Trusted Contributor
On 8/26/2014 Chi-town girl said: There have been several posts from QVC customer care on the QVC Facebook page stating that IT is working on a solution to the website problems which have been occuring all day. Seems to impact mobile/ipad more than PC users. Use your PC to access your account and/or to place orders.

My PC didn't work for hours. I couldn't get anything.

Super Contributor

I attempted to get on earlier and it kept taking me to Google page I believe..

I just tried again and it worked..

Esteemed Contributor

I got a message something about a certificate being under another name. I had plenty of other things to do and I'm not ordering anyway.