Honored Contributor

It will not turn on this morning, will not charge. I have plenty on air time ,and text,i checked on line.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem with my tracfone

In order for the service to work you need air time and days of service. But if the phone on not even turning on, that isn't the issue.How old is your phone? Did you get it wet?Did you drop it?You probably need a new phone.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

In order for the service to work you need air time and days of service. But if the phone on not even turning on, that isn't the issue.How old is your phone? Did you get it wet?Did you drop it?You probably need a new phone.

I think it is about 18 months ,some where around that ,no worked fine yesterday, did not get wet.no droping it.

Honored Contributor

We have Tracfone about two years old.  Mine has acted out a couple times like yours. I removed the battery and put it back in immediately.

See if that helps.

Valued Contributor

@goldensrbest - my husband's Tracfone just died dead one day.  It was working fine, plenty of days, minutes, etc.  When it tried to boot, it would go to the LG logo and then disappear and go to the LG logo and then disappear in an endless loop.  He removed the battery and waited awhile and tried again.  Same problem.  He let it do the logo looping until the battery died and then recharged it.  Same problem.  He finally just got a new phone.  

No real suggestions for you other than to remove the battery and try again if you have not already done that.  Or try booting it up while the charger is plugged into the wall.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

This is the only phone i have,no landline, where to go to buy new phone ,looked on line ,walmart from past experience has little to buy in person ,i have a lg now ,some really like samsung

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

When my husband's died, I found an acceptable one for him on Amazon.  Got it in 2 days with Prime.  All his service days and minutes transferred over.  I know they sell Tracfone's in stores (Target, Walmart, CVS, etc.) but selection is limited.  He wanted something smaller and his is the Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro (replacing his LG Optimus).  He did lose his triple minutes plan though which was too bad.   

Honored Contributor

Took it apart, cleaned battery, working for now.

Valued Contributor

Yippee!!

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest,

Are you sure you haven't accidently "powered off" your connection to TracFone?

Press and hold the power button for 1-2-3 Mississippi. 

Did you go to TracFone.com and log on to your account?

Check to see that they list your phone/number as an active account.

My oldest TracFone is over 4 years old, still runs great on the original battery.

I keep 2 Samsung Tracfones.