Honored Contributor

Problem With Spinning Wheel on Mac

[ Edited ]

I downloaded macOS Sierra last night on my MacBook Air.  Now when I go into Amazon and try to "look inside" a book, the wheel spins and never goes any further.  The wheel was spinning on one other website, too, although I don't remember which one.  I've tried Googling this problem and haven't come up with anything.  Does anyone know what would cause this or how I can fix it?

Edited to add:  I'm using Safari.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

New Contributor

Re: Problem With Spinning Wheel on Mac

I assume you've had it for a bit , might be you are maxing out your storage.  

Also do you run disk utility?  type it into search ( top right corner on on screen).  Then click  on your HD on left , then repair permissions. Let then run, then I restart.  

Also, check into malwarebytes ( free program ) to check for malware.  

Frequent Contributor

Did you try turning it off and back on?  Sometimes works for me with my IProducts. 

Valued Contributor

@NickNack

Good suggestions above.

I have found the Apple Support Community to be helpful when I have had questions or concerns.

Here's the page for macOS Sierra:

https://discussions.apple.com/community/mac_os/sierra

Respected Contributor

Kernel panic? Reboot. Might try another browser.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is the issue only when using safari? Or does it do it when using other applications on your computer? I know when time machine is backing up it slows my mac down some. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Good advice here.  I hope you're able to work it out @NickNack.

I've been there several times.  I found that my troubles usually started when I used Firefox or Chrome (recommended by the programs I was using). We deleted all browsers except Safari and I didn't have the spinning wheel after I started using Safari exclusively on the MacBook Pro.

Honored Contributor

@Tink55 wrote:

I assume you've had it for a bit , might be you are maxing out your storage.  

Also do you run disk utility?  type it into search ( top right corner on on screen).  Then click  on your HD on left , then repair permissions. Let then run, then I restart.  

Also, check into malwarebytes ( free program ) to check for malware.  

@Tink55  I've had my laptop for two years.  I just checked and have plenty of storage.  I'll try your other suggestions.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@mdmc wrote:

Did you try turning it off and back on?  Sometimes works for me with my IProducts. 

@mdmc  Yes, I did turn it off and back on with no change.  That often works for me, too.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@GATORGIRL wrote:

@NickNack

Good suggestions above.

I have found the Apple Support Community to be helpful when I have had questions or concerns.

Here's the page for macOS Sierra:

https://discussions.apple.com/community/mac_os/sierra

Thank you @GATORGIRL.  I should have thought of that.  I just posted the question on there.  

I've discovered another problem now.  When I try to save a bookmark, it won't allow me to just save it to "bookmarks."  It will only allow me to save it to my Favorites.  Very frustrating.  I posted about that there, too, but if anyone has any ideas on how to fix that I'd appreciate it.  I was hoping I'd be lucky and not have any problems with this download.

-Henry David Thoreau