Honored Contributor

Let me just state that I am not a techie at all. Things take me a little longer than most. My brother died a few years back, I would always go to him for help, I used him as a crutch, I didn’t have to learn anything. Now I’m on my own. Anyway I bought two Samsung Smart TVs with the intention of using apps on it. This was in 2015, fast forward a year, I finally got my sets hooked up to my WiFi, ready to go. Fast forward to today, when I actually figured out how to watch something using my Amazon Prime account! Now many of you who are great with technology (wish I were one of you) are thinking big deal, but for me it was a huge accomplishment. Somewhere I hope my brother is looking down on me and giving me the thumbs up!

Honored Contributor

I think that's awesome!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh I identify with your post. I stare at any new device for weeks. Then when I get really disgusted with myself, I work on figuring it out. Congratulations on your victory over tech. 🍾

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Someone once told me kids learn tech stuff fast because they're not afraid of breaking it or messing it up. As adults we worry too much. I've tried to adopt the "so what if I break it" approach to tech and to be fearless, and it works fine. Almost everything techie has a reset to factory default if you mess it up, so don't worry, plunge ahead, and be brave! You'll do fine. Worst case scenario is you have to reset it and start over, and that's not so bad.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Jordan2 Your brother is doing the happy dance. And just think, this is only the beginning Woman Wink

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Trusted Contributor

👏🏼👏🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Excellent!!

⚓️
Honored Contributor

I find that I agonize weeks over setting something up, knowing it's going to be difficult.  After I've finished and it's up and running I think, "that wasn't so bad after all".  Setting up a TV is simple unless it's so big and unwieldy that you can't handle it physically.  I manage to move many things using my rolling Origami kitchen cart from HSN.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Good for you!  You should feel proud of yourself.  👍

And I’m glad to read that others feel this way, just like I do.  I dread anything new when it comes to electronics.  New devices, updates, even changing passwords makes me nervous.  I used to be pretty good about doing new things, if I had printed directions to follow.  Now, my brain doesn’t work as easily and quickly as it used to, and many things seem to assume you already know how to do something and don’t even provide directions.  

I’m sure that you and I and everyone else that is electronically challenged can do a lot of things easily that those techies can’t!🤜🏻🤛🏻

Respected Contributor

That would be a big accomplishment for me, too, @Jordan2.  Congrats!!!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!