Not applicable

Premier Technical Support is terrible

I recently purchased a Dell computer from QVC because of the lifetime free tech support offered through Premier that came with the purchase. Always before I have purchased straight from Dell.

This is the worst tech support company for customer service and for fixing computer issues. The first time I called the phone number, the system hung up on me 4 times without making it through to a live person. This was after waiting for quite a while on hold. When the system finally stopped doing that, I was on hold for over an hour before finally giving up to try another day. I could not go online for remote help since my internet was down on the computer. I finally figured the problem out on my own.

Next time I used this service, I did online support with a tech taking remote control of my computer. This experience was no better. First the technician downloaded a few computer utilities which are available online for free and ran them to clean up my computer which I had already done and tried to tell him that, but he continued on. This took over an hour, not because there was that much to do, but because he was helping other people beside me and there was as much as a 15 minute break in-between doing something with my computer as he worked on others. When this failed to clear the problem, he said it was a hardware problem and that I needed to contact Dell. I know enough about computers to know that it was a software problem but I let him sign off out of frustration. I then Googled my problem and found a download to fix a root virus that eliminated the problem after running it in DOS.

So yesterday I tried them one more time. After waiting for 10 minutes for the tech to come on the chat, he took remote control of my computer and after explaining my problem, he downloaded some utilities to clean up my computer and defrag it. Things that I do regularly. This process took 4 hours and you guessed it, it took so long because of the long pauses in-between the utility programs finishing and him coming back on to work on my computer. The problem still is not fixed so I will Google the problem I am having and fix it myself.

I would also like to mention that this is suppose to be a U.S. based service and everyone I have chatted with, seems like English is their second language. Their grammar is incorrect, their spelling is definitely bad, so I find it hard to believe that both techs I chatted with, have English as their first language. I do not have a problem with tech support from other countries, but a professional who represents a company should spell words correctly and sound like they are not deficient in the English language. Here is an example of a reply he sent to me, "i scann your computer, i am dome." This is just one example of his replies to me. If he is an educated tech support person, at least he should sound like a professional.

DO NOT buy a computer from QVC just for the free tech support. It is true that you get what you pay for. I am paying for it every time I use this service.

Respected Contributor

Re: Premier Technical Support is terrible

What are you doing to get a root virus? Since you can fix things yourself, why bother with them?

Frequent Contributor

Never buy ANY electronics based off the tech support. In the real world of technology phone and online tech support are the single celled life of the food chain. When you do get the occasional good ones that know what they are doing they usually move up and off the help desk fast. The fact the tech used freeware diagnostics speaks volumes.

Here is the thing. All of this computer, phone, and tablet troubleshooting is actually very simple. In the case of computers even hardware troubleshooting and replacement is relatively easy. People tend to make it much harder than it is.

One great thing to try is, before you even have an issue, Googling the device you just bought with "problem" after the model number. You can see what other people experience and what they did to fix it.

Respected Contributor

We have been getting our electronics at Costco. Their Tech support is fantastic!! Great prices as well.

Honored Contributor

Nearly all tech support is now done by largely untrained minimum wage workers who operate off of a script that was created to solve the most common issues. If your issue isn't in the script, you're out of luck. You're almost always better off ignoring tech support and trying to fix a problem yourself.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I agree ~ purchased ipad mini from QVC and ADORE it!!!!! However, needed some tech support for some minor issues shortly after receiving, there was nothing wrong with the device, it was the user (me) that needed support ~ HaHa.

Waited on hold for nearly an hour ~ was told they were SO busy they would call me back the next day to help me. ** I feel I have to say, they DID call back the next day, but I had already had my issue rectified, thanks to Apple!

I called Apple Support and was all set within 15 minutes! Have used Apple Support ever since for questions ~ they are SUPERB!

Premier Tech Support is used as a HUGE selling point, but IS NOT worthy of the accolades..........I did leave a review of their poor customer service and my dissatisfaction.

Honored Contributor

On 2/25/2015 Irish1210 said:

I agree ~ purchased ipad mini from QVC and ADORE it!!!!! However, needed some tech support for some minor issues shortly after receiving, there was nothing wrong with the device, it was the user (me) that needed support ~ HaHa.

Waited on hold for nearly an hour ~ was told they were SO busy they would call me back the next day to help me. ** I feel I have to say, they DID call back the next day, but I had already had my issue rectified, thanks to Apple!

I called Apple Support and was all set within 15 minutes! Have used Apple Support ever since for questions ~ they are SUPERB!

Premier Tech Support is used as a HUGE selling point, but IS NOT worthy of the accolades..........I did leave a review of their poor customer service and my dissatisfaction.

Apple Support is wonderful. They know it matters and it's one of the things that keeps them ahead of others in customer satisfaction.Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I had one of those user issues and had to contact premier. I contacted them through a live chat. It took about an hour to fix my issue. Nothing negative to say about them.
Super Contributor

On 2/25/2015 dooBdoo said:

Apple Support is wonderful. They know it matters and it's one of the things that keeps them ahead of others in customer satisfaction.Smile

Love, love, love Apple support. Have called for my Mac a few times. Get through immediately, US based, no transfer to anyone else, and can quickly identify my problem and help me with a fix. They also email and call to follow up the next day or so to make sure everything is still okay.
Respected Contributor

On 2/25/2015 Lynnj said:
On 2/25/2015 dooBdoo said:

Love, love, love Apple support. Have called for my Mac a few times. Get through immediately, US based, no transfer to anyone else, and can quickly identify my problem and help me with a fix. They also email and call to follow up the next day or so to make sure everything is still okay.

I don't want anyone to think Apple support is always free because it isn't.