Honored Contributor

In the past I've seen so every long run on paragraphs. I have no idea what the problem was the is return key 

I just hit the return key  and it gave me a space. 

I can change the font and size. Only thing that's bothering me if I had to hold the pad when I type. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I don't post from my iPad because it just doesn't work very well.  I don't know why.

You might hit the return key twice and see what happens.  

Have you cleared your cookies/history on your laptop lately?

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow what you're trying to say, so if I get this wrong forgive me.

Are you saying that when you hit the 'return' button on your iPad you don't always get a new paragraph?  If so, that happens to me also--but only on these forums.

It's been going on for quite some time and it's very frustrating.  It will show the paragraph while I'm typing in 'Rich Text', but if I look at the 'Preview' some paragraphs are not there.  And sometimes it will show the correct paragraphs until I post, then they disappear and then I have to go back and edit my post to put them in.

Like so many other things that only happen here on this site, it's very frustrating and I never know when it will happen.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

as far as I can see his posts exactly like my Mac. I am posting now with text to speech

I can hit the return button and get spaces between my paragraphs 

Unfortunately I don't know what you mean by Rich text

I can also fonts and sizes the only thing I'm not sure about is  colors

@geezerette wrote:

I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow what you're trying to say, so if I get this wrong forgive me.

Are you saying that when you hit the 'return' button on your iPad you don't always get a new paragraph?  If so, that happens to me also--but only on these forums.

It's been going on for quite some time and it's very frustrating.  It will show the paragraph while I'm typing in 'Rich Text', but if I look at the 'Preview' some paragraphs are not there.  And sometimes it will show the correct paragraphs until I post, then they disappear and then I have to go back and edit my post to put them in.

Like so many other things that only happen here on this site, it's very frustrating and I never know when it will happen.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@geezerette 

as far as I can see his posts exactly like my Mac. I am posting now with text to speech

I can hit the return button and get spaces between my paragraphs 

Unfortunately I don't know what you mean by Rich text

I can also fonts and sizes the only thing I'm not sure about is  colors

@geezerette wrote:

@I am still oxox 

Oh, I see.  You post differently than I do.

'Rich Text' is the box that you type in when posting.  If you want to see how it will look when posted, you can click on 'Preview', which, as it suggests, gives you a preview of your post before you actually click 'Post'.

So I think we're talking about different things.🤗

Honored Contributor

Rich text. Is this any different. 

I'm not seeing a difference 

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

Rich Text = Allows you to change fonts, colors, submit photos & links. 

This message board reply window defaults to Rich Text.

HTML = This posting in code

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at Sat, Jul 11, 2020-11.27.11 AM.png

Preview = Checks coding, spacing etc.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac 

HTML is coding, it looks very similar to what I did when specing type 30 years ago

@Mz iMac wrote:

@I am still oxox 

Rich Text = Allows you to change fonts, colors, submit photos & links. 

This message board reply window defaults to Rich Text.

HTML = This posting in code

Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at Sat, Jul 11, 2020-11.27.11 AM.png

Preview = Checks coding, spacing etc.