Super Contributor

Please Recommend Apps For iPhone iPad :)

I'm looking for good weather apps with alerts for storms and also for fun game apps for the iPhone and iPads. Please post your favorites in these categories or apps of other types that you really like and use.

tia! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please Recommend Apps For iPhone iPad :)

I am really into the Boomarang ap. It takes a 3 second video of a movement and boomerangs it back and fourth. Hope I explained it well. Check it out it's a hoot!! 

Trusted Contributor

@Pliqueajour

Accuweather is pretty good. Tells you within minutes when the rain will start.

Respected Contributor

For weather, I use the Wunderground app. It doesn't subject me to all the ads that the Weather Channel app does. I also have the weather apps from a couple of local stations, but don't use alerts. I find them too intrusive because you have to enable notifications and then you get all kinds on nonsense that isn't useful. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Valued Contributor

NOAA Radar Weather app - shows the weather radar for anywhere on the earth, tracks storms and weather systems and is predictive. Great for kids who can now see a rainstorm coming. 

Weather Live is a companion app. 

Super Contributor

Respected Contributor

Solar Walk!  Seriously even the free version is amazing.  you can explore the solar system and learn about the sun, moon, the planets... etc. you can buy add ons to it  as well which is well worth it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Living Earth

You can get the time/time of anywhere in the World...plus it moves & it's so pretty!  Can't remember if it was free or not...

IMG_2805.jpg

Games

Anything from MobilityWear is good.

Solitaire, Spider, Pyramid, etc.

Monument Valley, Part I is a wonderful game ($4.99, I believe).  

Beautiful graphics & soft relaxing music...

Honored Contributor

I use a weather app from my local news station.

Esteemed Contributor

Great question.  I only recently got a Smart Phone so I’m new to apps (had a flip phone before).  I’d like to know some good ones too. 

I just recently learned about the Waze App for GPS and traffic alerts.  It keeps up with the latest traffic and will reroute you when necessary, also will let you know where there are  police and traffic cameras.