Super Contributor

Picture Keeper...a little clarification

I have always longed for an easy way to take pictures off my phone and put them on my desktop. Boy, pictures used to be so much easier. I had a digital camera and would just pop the memory card into my PC and they would download on a very nice HP photo program. Those days are gone. I got a laptop that runs on WIN 10, it is the worst ever, everything is hide and seek, the things I dont want to see are programmed onto the desk top and things I do want to see are hidden. It took my pictures and put them on the storage that comes with Windows then made duplicates trriplicates somehow and the storage filled so fast then they asked me to buy more. Completely wackey. Anyway, Picture keeper to the rescue...not so fast, too good to be true. Took all the pictures off my mini ipad and that was very easy, they went right on the device. Now I plug it in to my laptop...nothing. Go to the PK site download the app from the only choice I have been given and instead of downloading it to my PC where I want to view the pictures it downloads to my phone. What a mess. Windows 10 ignores it, ignores Life Studio, just ignores everything but Candy Crush. UGH!!! Beaware, this is not easy process at all.

Honored Contributor

Re: Picture Keeper...a little clarification

When I want to transfer photos from my cell phone to my desktop, I just use a USB cable.

You could also use Bluetooth, if you have that on both devices.  But for me, the USB cable is easier.  I don't end up with any problems of doubling or tripling, so I'm not sure what's happening with yours.  Mine are stored directly on my PC; I don't use the Cloud for anything!

Also, you can "unpin" things that you don't want to be shown in the start-up menu and vice versa for the things you do want.  It's a learning curve, to be sure, but you can customize your desktop to how you want it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Picture Keeper...a little clarification

@Thebig I wrote:

I have always longed for an easy way to take pictures off my phone and put them on my desktop. Boy, pictures used to be so much easier. I had a digital camera and would just pop the memory card into my PC and they would download on a very nice HP photo program. Those days are gone. I got a laptop that runs on WIN 10, it is the worst ever, everything is hide and seek, the things I dont want to see are programmed onto the desk top and things I do want to see are hidden. It took my pictures and put them on the storage that comes with Windows then made duplicates trriplicates somehow and the storage filled so fast then they asked me to buy more. Completely wackey. Anyway, Picture keeper to the rescue...not so fast, too good to be true. Took all the pictures off my mini ipad and that was very easy, they went right on the device. Now I plug it in to my laptop...nothing. Go to the PK site download the app from the only choice I have been given and instead of downloading it to my PC where I want to view the pictures it downloads to my phone. What a mess. Windows 10 ignores it, ignores Life Studio, just ignores everything but Candy Crush. UGH!!! Beaware, this is not easy process at all.

You must be using cloud storage if you get a message to buy more storage.  You should be able to plug either your tablet or phone into your computer and transfer photos to your hard drive.  When I used Windows, I would open Windows Explorer and use the drag and drop method to copy the photos.  I haven't used Windows 10 so I can't tell you how to do it now, but, I'm sue there is either a program or explorer you can use.  Be advise, never have only one copy of anything you can't afford to lose.