Respected Contributor

Good morning, @gardenman!  I turned my Moto G7 off earlier this week and left it off for several hours.  (I won't bore you with the reason why.)  After I turned it back on the next day, some phone functions have never worked correctly since--(data, making calls, sending photos).  They are working correctly 50% of the time.  I tried to move my service back to my G6, but the CS rep said the SIM card was inactive.  I had no idea they expired after 6 months, but anyway...  I am limping along with it, since I can use Google Voice to make outgoing calls and don't have need to send photos too often or turn on data.  I have to say that this is only the second time I've had issues with a Tracfone, and I buy one at least once a year, so I've done well.  I hope it arrives sooner than the estimated date of November 8!

Yesterday, I ordered the Moto G Stylus from HSN ($189) and went through Mr. Rebates, which was giving a 10% rebate, so the phone ended up costing $169.  I really wanted to wait until it was marked down significantly (feel like that's going to happen soon), since my service doesn't expire until May, but life happens!  I searched the threads and found the Spigen case you bought.  I was happy to see that it resembles the Spigen case I had for my G6--I loved that case!  It will be here next Tuesday, and I've watched some videos on YouTube concerning the phone.  Very glad that you have liked it and am anxious for it to get here!  

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg 

Sorry, you're having problems, but you'll love the new phone. It's great. I love the case also. The extra memory is great. The little kickstand on the case is pretty neat. It stays tucked away until you need it then pops right out. It's just a great all-around phone/case combo. You won't be disappointed. I use the 800 number that comes with the phones from the home shopping channels to set them up and they're up and ready to go in just minutes. I've had no regret with either the case or phone. Other than a few very minor scuffs on the top edge of the case, it still looks brand new and I've been using it since June (almost five months now). I almost forget the stylus is there, but it can be handy on occasion. I mostly bought the phone for the extra memory and better cameras. It's just a great all-around phone as far as I'm concerned.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg 

I just read your post to @gardenman   and i  have the Motog70ptimo maxx  and i also had problems turning it off and back on  and another problem with my ring tone  this week.

I was 2 hours to late to get 20% off one item of anything today  on HSN.But i did have $5.00 spendable kash..so that helped a tad.$184.'00  dang tax ouch,..but got free shipping.

Could you please give me information on the Amazon case you both are talking about..like number  ??

thanks

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

@cowboy sam here you go.  If it makes you feel any better, you can't use the 20% coupons on phones as they're considered electronics.

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 4.34.28 PM.png

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam 

It's the Spigen Tough Armor designed for Moto G Stylus 2021 Case at Amazon and costs $16.99. It's a very nice case at a good price.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@cowboy sam here you go.  If it makes you feel any better, you can't use the 20% coupons on phones as they're considered electronics.

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 4.34.28 PM.png

@Ainhisg 

thank you for the picture of the case.Heart

I called c.service and was told no also about 20% coupon But  I did have a $5.00 Kash coupon..lol

And got free shipping.!!..win some/lose some..lol

Smiley HappyAgain ty for your reply

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Thank you for your help.Smiley Happy

I will order it today.

preds 06-21-20
Respected Contributor

Good morning, @gardenman.   I was reading the reviews on HSN and several said system updates (more than one) would need to be done in order to receive texts.  Did you find this to be true?  I have no issue with updating the OS...just wondered about your experience...

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

Good morning, @gardenman.   I was reading the reviews on HSN and several said system updates (more than one) would need to be done in order to receive texts.  Did you find this to be true?  I have no issue with updating the OS...just wondered about your experience...

No problems at all here. I think those issues were ironed out before I got my phone in June. I got a text from Tracfone almost as soon as I'd activated the phone. I hadn't done any updates and everything was fine. The phone just updated to Android 11 in the last week or two, and no problems there either. I've sent and received texts without a hiccup since I got the phone.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gardenman thank you!