Valued Contributor

I noticed that the Other Bookmarks Icon is showing on my Toolbar Menu on top of the page.  It took out two sites I had there.  The double arrows to pull up the Bookmarks Toolbar are to the left of it and can't move either to the right.  I want to take the Other Bookmarks out of the right side but can't seem to get it out.  Tried moving it and can't delete it.  Is there any way I can take it out and put my sites back on the Toolbar.

Honored Contributor

Are there too many icons/bookmarks showing?  If you click on the "other bookmarks" will the ones you want show?   Have you tried right-clicking in a blank spot around the list across the top? 

There is an option to add/delete bookmarks showing at the top but I don't know what kind of computer you're using.  You might google it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Other Bookmarks

[ Edited ]

If you drag a site from your 'other bookmarks' to the bookmark bar at the top then that will replace a site you have on the bar. When you replace one in the bar it will move it to the 'other bookmarks'.

If you are having problems dragging stuff out of the 'other bookmarks' list, try rebooting and try it again.

Trusted Contributor

@kismet 

To remove the other bookmarks folder, you have to delete the bookmarks within it. Click on the folder, then right click on a bookmark and choose delete, or drag each one to the toolbar if that's where you want them. You can also use the bookmarks manager to drag the bookmarks from one folder to the next.

If you click on the little arrows on the toolbar, you should see the rest of the bookmarks that don't fit on the toolbar.

Valued Contributor

I'm on my computer, windows 10 using Firefox.  When I click on the little arrows my bookmarks come up that should.  When I tried to delete the Icon Other Bookmarks nothing happens.  I still have the Other Bookmarks also under Bookmarks on the Menu Bar so it's in two places.  I thought I could just move it back to the left but it doesn't move.  It's just in the way where two of my Toolbar bookmarks were.  I did turn off the computer hoping it would just go away but it didn't.  Having the two bookmarks in that area saves me time when working.  I do know how to take out the bookmarks one by one but thought there may be an easier way plus if I take them out the Icon may stay there. 

I have to leave now so will try to see what I can do tonight when I get home.  Good thing is I lost two not the whole toolbar bookmarks.  I was looking into bookmark manager but didn't understand it so left it alone.

Trusted Contributor

@kismet 

The Other Bookmarks folder cannot be deleted. You have to empty it and it will go away.

Trusted Contributor

@kismet 

Here's some pictures of how to empty the Other Bookmarks folder.  Once you have emptied the folder, it will disappear. I blurred out some items for my privacy.

o bookmark 01.PNG

Screenshot (251).png

Screenshot (256).png

If you don't want the Other Bookmarks folder to appear on your toolbar, don't put any bookmarks in it.

Here's Firefox's Bookmarks help page.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/bookmarks-firefox 

Valued Contributor

I guess there is no way to take all the bookmarks out at the same time.  I figured I'd have to do one at a time but thought maybe there was an easier way.  I have a lot in there so it will take days working an hour or so each day.  I thought if I could move the small arrows over to the right maybe Other Bookmarks would get out of there but it won't move.  I'm wondering if I take each one out if anything would go out of my folders that I have a bookmark in.  If so would have to move it somewhere else.  I'm wondering if the OB went in by themselves because I didn't put them in on the toolbar.  I went to click on one of the bookmarks on the Toolbar and it was gone.  I did go into the Firefox page that you sent last night and went into the customize in menu options but didn't see where it could come out.  Just looking for a delete somewhere.  Another lesson learned.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@kismet 

Right click to delete an entry in your bookmarks.

Trusted Contributor

@kismet 

You can delete multiple bookmarks at once using the Bookmarks Library (Show All Bookmarks).

Click on the Other Bookmarks folder.

Click once on the first site on the list.

Scroll down to the last site on the list you want deleted.

Hold down the Shift key. Click on the last site on the list.

All of the sites should be highlighted in blue.

Right click in the blue area and a menu will open.

Click on delete in the menu.