Frequent Contributor

Norton Internet Security safe web icons

I have Norton Internet Security 2011 (now updated as of an hour ago to 2012) installed on my desktop computer which has Windows XP. Just a few days ago, I noticed that the safe web icons provided by NIS when you do searches on Google, etc., were sometimes either cut off or not appearing at all unless you held your mouse pointer over Google's preview pane (used to be a magnifying icon, now see 2 arrows or whatever you call those symbols). After using Norton's one click support to see if there was anything wrong with my NIS, I decided to update to the 2012 version, hoping that the problem with the icons would be corrected. Well, I can now see all of the safe web icons in their entirety, but their appearance is very, very small and somewhat blurry. I talked to a Norton tech, and after taking remote access, he determined that the problem had to do with changes Google has made to their site.

Can anyone tell me if that is the case, and if so, is there any way I can enhance the appearance of the safe web icons? Just a note, even though I always try to be very careful about which sites I visit (known safe ones) and don't depend entirely on Norton's safe web icons to guide me, I still like having them around. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!