Honored Contributor

Nook Free Fridays - August 2019

[ Edited ]

I can't find the thread we used to have. So I decided to start this post!

The Nook Free Friday selection for August 9, 2019

From this Moment On  by Debra Clopton

Hurt by her failed marriage and dashed dreams, Cali Sinclair returns home to Windswept Bay with her heart wary and closed to the dreams of true love she so desperately wanted. Determined to never again risk her heart, she throws herself into running the family's small boutique resort on the Florida coast, a place so full of romance that it's a reminder every day of what she'll never have. But when renowned artist Grant Ellington shows up to paint a mural on the wall of the resort, she's swept away by her response to the artist. Suddenly, every time he looks at her, Cali finds it harder than she ever thought possible to keep her heart protected.

Grant Ellington loves his ranch, his horses, and his life as a sought-after artist. But after walking away from a plane crash that killed his best friend and the young pilot, he's still struggling with survivor's guilt as he heads to Windswept Bay. Painting a sea life mural at the resort started out as a favor to his neighbor, but one meeting with the beautiful Cali and he feels alive again—and determined to spend time on the moonlit beaches with her in his arms...

But, like him, Cali has her own emotional scars—can they learn to trust the love that sparks between them and move forward from this moment on?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Nook Free Fridays - August 2019

[ Edited ]

Hi @beach-mom!  Our old thread was removed, I did a google search for it.  I don't think many people were interested in it, anyway.  I noticed your post was edited by a moderator.  Are we not allowed to provide links and/or pictures in our posts?  If people are interested in the Nook Free Friday books I wouldn't mind continuing it.

Edit:  There's also a Book Club forum.  It's not very active or fast-moving, but maybe they would enjoy Nook Free Friday posts?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Hi @Stargazer77 !  Good to talk to you again! I too think the link must have been removed. I don't understand as it was never removed in the past, but maybe it's a new regulation. Who knows?  I'm very interested in Nook Free Fridays, but if you and I are the only ones I can always just look it up. It was good to come in late Friday and log on to see what the selection is and the synopsis without having to go to the website, and with the link to go "buy" the book easily.

Maybe we can still post a summary of the book, so if posters are interested they can go look it up for themselves. And if they're not interested. at least they would know right away. 

Take care! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom  It's good to talk to you, too!  I enjoyed our old system, where one of us would post if the other didn't.  Even if it didn't happen until Sunday, sometimes!  Smiley LOL

I think the old thread either got too large or too old and that's why it was removed.  

What would you think about moving Nook Free Fridays over to the Book Club forum?  I think it would be more fitting over there.  I'm also loving your title format of putting the month in the subject title.  Maybe it would be good to post the books month by month, so the thread doesn't get too large and posters can easily find the current or previous month's books.  What do you think about that?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 - I think your ideas are perfect! I like the month to month posts idea too. I will be looking for the Free Friday book in the Book Club forum. Smiley Happy