Respected Contributor

Cable  company will offer internet  and wifi router then bingo your online

Valued Contributor

COX forced us recently to change our lanline to digital phone service

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@noodleannPlease come back and tell us about your experience with ooma once you've installed it and used it for a while.  My next-door neighbor has it and she's still working out kinks - the initial experience was 3rd world, but she's way more tech savvy than I am and seems to be working her way through those kinks, so I'm watching.  In the meantime, my house phone comes from my cable company - it's fine as long as there's electricity.

Hi @millieshops, and happy Mother's Day, if you observe. The Ooma was on my steps bright and early this morning (FedEx never sleeps), and I will be doing, or starting, the install and porting this week. I will open a new thread when I'm either underway or when I'm up and running, but will document the whole process.

Because I don't have a router or wi-fi, my set-up will differ from that of many who might do this, but I'll include links for the graphics on the Ooma site that show the different configurations.

I'm pretty confident this will work out. The only downside is I have no idea where I can next look for places to pare my core budget. Unless I kill my Dr. Denese autodeliveries, which this should about pay for. Woman Frustrated