Honored Contributor

New WiFi Printer

[ Edited ]

My HP printer died the last week.  It was 8 years old - so I tossed it and bought another HP printer from Amazon ...  this one is a WiFi (wireless).  (My laptop is HP from Best Buy.) 

(I ordered the printer on Thursday, it was delivered on Friday.)

I was a little leary about a wireless printer ... but the price was right.  My WiFi set up was out-dated - so I expected there might be an issue.

When I tried to set up the printer on Friday - THERE WAS an issue with my WiFi ... so I called my cable provider* on Friday afternoon and they sent out a tech yesterday (Monday). 

Turned out that my router had to be adjusted.  

This morning I added the printer to some of my other software ... it was a snap and I'm up and running.

*(Astound Cable provides excellent service.)

Between WiFi and bluetooth hearing aids .... I'm connected to my phone, computer, printer and TV.

Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA  Way to get it done!  I love my bluetooth hearing aids.  And sweet on getting your new printer up and running.  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA     

C O N G R A T S     !!!!!! 

(I would have been totally overwhelmed facing a job like that!  di)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Did your cable provider charge you to come out? Comcast charges $100 for a home visitSmiley Sad(( HATE COMCAST!!

Honored Contributor

Re: New WiFi Printer

[ Edited ]

@ahoymate 

I've never had to pay for house calls.  

It depends on the reason for them to come out.  If it's related to their equipment, there is no fee.  Otherwise - $79.

I've had three equipment calls in the past dozen years.  

I'm very happy with their service.  They are always very pleasant and helpful to deal with in person, on the phone, or online.  

---------------------------

@ahoymate wrote:

Did your cable provider charge you to come out? Comcast charges $100 for a home visitSmiley Sad(( HATE COMCAST!!

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@ahoymate 

It depends on the reason for them to come out.  If it's related to their equipment, there is no fee.  Otherwise - $79.

I'm very happy with their service.  They are always very pleasant and helpful to deal with in person, on the phone, or online.  

@ahoymate wrote:

Who do you have for Cable/Internet service?

Respected Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@ahoymate 

@ahoymate wrote:

Asound cable? I'll investigate.

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate 

Astound - they do my landline phone, cable TV and internet.  They used to be called RCN ... I've had them for years.  

@ahoymate wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@ahoymate 

@ahoymate wrote:

Respected Contributor

Comcast. They've increased my monthly, internet/TV bill 34%!!! They are horrible. Basic service. Nothing fancy. Basic.

The service works but everything else about them is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

Comcast. They've increased my monthly, internet/TV bill 34%!!! They are horrible. Basic service. Nothing fancy. Basic.

The service works but everything else about them is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!

Comcast has decent service just expensive.