Trusted Contributor

Need Some Advice From Computer Whiz

I let someone use my computer and printer and since then I have noticed a change when I print anything.

When I print, as an example,  5 copies of the same page of a Word document, with each copy that is printed, is also a separate page that is printed.  It has on it

File name

Directory

Template

Title

Subject

Author

Creation Date

Number of Pages

Number of Words

Number of Characters

and about eight other descriptors like the above.  I know it has to be somewhere in printer properties, or somewhere in Word, but I can't find it, or just don't know what to look for.

Does anybody have any ideas of where to look?  I have a feeling that it an easy matter of changing a setting, but I am not that familiar with the vast array of settings.

I am wasting so much paper and going through cartridges faster than normal, so I'd really like to solve this mystery.  I asked the person who used my computer but she doesn't remember changing anything.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to give me

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Super Contributor

Re: Need Some Advice From Computer Whiz

Try the following:

1. Open Word, then click the Office Button, the Top Left Corner of the Window.  Then select Print.

2. Click the Options Button, the bottom left corner of the Print Window.

3. Choose the Display Section, in the Printing Options, Remove the check mark on Print Document Properties.

4. Click OK to all of the Windows.

Esteemed Contributor

I hate when somebody messes up your property.  Guess the old saying applies - i.e., dont' share your computer nor your toothbrush!

Trusted Contributor

Tallgal:  That worked!!!!  She must have been typing a paper for class that had to be a certain number of words long or something.  It was too many steps to just accidentally hit a step.  I am so happy that I will be saving ink and paper.

Image result for animated thank you

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

@wismiss

Glad @Tallgal helped you fix your problem. Now!! If there is a Next Time for "she" using your computer? Tell her FIRMLY, if she changes ANYTHING on your computer, and Does Not reset it to your settings! There will be no next time for her. Anyone computer savvy enough to make those kind of changes, knows danged well how and what to change back.

Sometimes people just irritate the he!! out of me, and I ain't even involved. Pray tell, what happened to common courtesy?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@wismiss

Glad @Tallgal helped you fix your problem. Now!! If there is a Next Time for "she" using your computer? Tell her FIRMLY, if she changes ANYTHING on your computer, and Does Not reset it to your settings! There will be no next time for her. Anyone computer savvy enough to make those kind of changes, knows danged well how and what to change back.

Sometimes people just irritate the he!! out of me, and I ain't even involved. Pray tell, what happened to common courtesy?

hckynut(john)

This is a perfect example why you have a guest account on your computer.  They can't change anything!!!

Valued Contributor

dont' share your computer nor your toothbrush!..lolzdont' share your computer nor your toothbrush!/>

Honored Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

This is a perfect example why you have a guest account on your computer.  They can't change anything!!!

Excellent info. 

The paramour & grands have "their own (guest)" accounts on my iMac.   They all know not to touch my ancient MBP or else there will be hell to pay.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif