Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom 

Sadly, your experience at an Apple Store seems to be more the norm than the exception. Apple sells a high-end product, but their stores and staff (in general) deliver very poor service and support. Apparently, some posters live near a good Apple Store where they can get quality help, but they're the lucky ones. For most Apple buyers a trip to the Apple Store leads to frustration and disappointment.

Whenever an issue with an Apple product pops up, some posters insist the person with the problem must rush to the nearest Apple Store no matter how far away it is, but that's not always the best advice. Knowing what I know of Apple Stores, going there would be my last resort when all else failed. Googling the issue, posting here, or posting on the Apple Support Forums would be my first choices. If I couldn't get help any other way, only then would I traipse off to an Apple Store.

When you read the Yelp reviews of Apple Stores (and there are five Apple Stores within 40 miles of me) you find lots and lots of people who have gotten little to no help from the staff and lots of one-star reviews. Many of the one-star reviews say they'd prefer to give zero stars, but that's not an option. Apple really needs to retrain or uptrain the staff at their stores, or they could alienate too many of their customers. Quite a few of those posting the Yelp reviews say they've had it with Apple.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman , so true.  I hate the Apple Store.  I find Apple support online or by phone much better.  As you are aware, I often come here with issues and the very generous people on the Electronics Forumhave come through for me many times, you included.

Taking courses in the Apple Store is a real joke.  I was asked for feedback after I took a course when I first got an iPad.  The background noise is so loud, you can't hear the instructor.  I gave a very poor review on all fronts.  I don't think I ever got feedback.

The products are great when they work but resolving issues with Apple devices is not a pleasant experience.  LM

Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

I think what you do with computers is amazing!  However, my techno challenged brain just does not work that way!  LOL.  Re-using parts, reburbishing, etc. is an excellent way to go, not only to save money, but to keep from "junking" up the planet with more throw-away stuff!  Very good --- and I give you a lot of credit for what you accomplish!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg 

Thank you for your information and tips.  Very good info!

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom 

Very sad that a person has to go to these lengths to get the service which they should have in the first place!!! 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@sallyann38 wrote:

STILLRAINING....I did what you said and it worked.  What I did before did not delete everything.  Thank you so much, you saved the day.

I want to thank everyone who took the time to answer my help message  This has to be the best place to come to when you need help with ANYTHINg.

@Still Raining

Trusted Contributor

There's an Apple Store four blocks from my home.  And it is jammed packed almost daily with all those groovy, trendy cats and chicks.  So far, I have been able to solve my problems by watching youtube.  THANK YOU,  YOUTUBE.  I thought Apple was alittle bit more user-friendly before I bought it.  live and learn

Esteemed Contributor

Call Apple Tech Support.  They are fantastic!