Regular Contributor

My IPad is driving me crazy.  I want to totally delete everything on it, and start over.  I tried all the reset functions, but it does wipe the slate clean. 
I need suggestions before I throw it in the trash.

Respected Contributor

Take it to an Apple store - they're very helpful.

Esteemed Contributor

Go to General - Reset.  You can select the level you wish.

Just be careful what you wish for!

Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

Take it to an Apple store - they're very helpful.

Do you have any idea how many communities DON'T have an Apple store?  More don't than those who do.  The nearest Apple Store for me is over 2 hours away.  I'm sure it's why people come here and ask questions. 

A request for those who post, if all you're going to say is go to the Apple store, please don't.  I've requested help with one or more of my Apple computers becase I've looked for answers and couldn't find what I needed. I don't have an Apple store and two of my computer no longer have Apple Care.  Thanks. 

Trusted Contributor

I believe Best Buy also works on Apple products. 

Super Contributor

Still Raining.....could you please explain your explanation with more detail?....

what are the levels....?~~~~ and what do you mean by...."watch what you wish for "...

thanks....

Honored Contributor

Apple has their official Apple Support Community where you can often get good answers to problems with Apple devices. And Apple devices, like all electronics, have lots of issues. Whatever problem you're having, someone else likely is having also or has had and found a solution. Here's a link to their support forums: https://discussions.apple.com/welcome 

It's a good place to go for help with issues you can't fix on your own. Like all forums, it will have helpful people and jerks. Just ignore the jerks and harvest the helpful advice.

Apple Stores, at least those in this area, get pretty bad Yelp reviews. Lots and lots of one-star reviews and a few five-star reviews, so going to a store may not be a great boon to you depending on the quality of the staff at the store you visit. Apple Stores, at least locally and there are five within 40 miles of me, average around 3-stars and lots of people have lots of problems with the stores and the staff manning the stores. People like to talk about the stores like they're heaven staffed with angels, but many customers have very unpleasant experiences at the stores. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Call Apple technical support.  They have helped me out with my products on three occasions.  Nicest support techs -- ever.    

Honored Contributor

@sallyann38 wrote:

My IPad is driving me crazy.  I want to totally delete everything on it, and start over.  I tried all the reset functions, but it does wipe the slate clean. 
I need suggestions before I throw it in the trash.

@sallyann38 

Let me preface my remarks by saying that I am not by a long shot tech savvy, so I probably should not even respond to this.  But I'm curious.  I don't really understand your question or situation.

You say you want to "totally delete everything on it and start over".  And that you have tried all the reset functions and "it does wipe the slate clean".  So then, what is your problem?

There is a "factory reset", which will set your iPad back to what it was when you purchased it.  If you have done this, are you still not satisfied with the results?