Valued Contributor

WHY is QVC selling Minolta cameras w/ a one year warranty when MINOLTA no longer is in business? IF I bought one of them (and there is one that looks amazining!) where would I get it fixed if I needed to?

Esteemed Contributor

They're probably banking on the fact that people won't bother to look that information up. Like I've always said. QVC sells yesterdays technology today.

Honored Contributor

I found a list of places who do Minolta repairs around the country. However, they all list the models they repair and I have no clue which model QVC is selling. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Minolta Camera question

[ Edited ]

Did another company buy the Minolta brand?

ETA:  I believe Sony currently makes cameras under the Minolta name.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Did another company buy the Minolta brand?

ETA:  I believe Sony currently makes cameras under the Minolta name.

Yeah. Minolta merged with Konica becoming Konica Minolta then in 2006 Konica opted out of the camera business and sold Minolta to Sony. They were a part of Sony from 2006 until 2017 (or so) when Elite Brands bought the name/brand. Elite Brands also owns the names Coleman (lanterns/camping supplies, assorted electronics), Bell & Howell (cameras, speakers, etc.), Rokinon (camera lenses), iHome (digital whatnots), VGear (camera accessories), and Home Zone (digital whatnots.) The new Minolta cameras are made in China and have a less than sterling reputation, but they're "Minolta" cameras. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!