Occasional Contributor

I am currently using Chrome but as I am waiting for my new HP laptop to arrive I am curious about the pros and cons of Microsoft Edge.  And, do you know if the new laptop comes with Microsoft Edge already?  Thank you  advance for information.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Microsoft Edge vs Chrome

Here’s an interesting comparison article about the two browsers:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10s-edge-vs-chrome-were-faster-and-win-in-battery-face-off-say...

if your new laptop is shipped with the Windows 10 operating system, it will have Edge installed for use as a browser. 

Enjoy your new laptop. 

Trusted Contributor

The new laptop will have Edge and IE11. Edge will be set as the default browser, but you can change it to whatever you prefer.

Respected Contributor

I was unimpressed with Edge and switched back to Chrome in a few days. It was so long ago that I can't even remember much about Edge. I didn't like the look or feel, that much I remember.

Respected Contributor

My HP laptop came with  Edge. I prefer Chrome so that's my default browser.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't like the look of Edge, so I have never tried it on my Win10 laptop.   I installed IE and Chrome and use both of those on any computer.

The only thing I hate is that, ever since Win10, I think Windows hates it when you use IE, because they want you to move to Edge,  so they mess with you a bit.    Sometimes it gets weird or wonky, but mostly it still works perfectly well.  I don't really prefer IE or Chrome, one over the other.  I like them both and use both daily.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you all for your opinions and info.  I am typing to you now on my new computer it actually came today (wasn't suppose to come til the 22nd but thats ok).  I downloaded Chrome cuz that is what I am used to.  Thanks again and have a good night.

Honored Contributor

chrome is generally the last browser i use.

my main browser is firefox. love it, simple, rarely have problems. my second favorite is EDGE. i like it so much better than IE. i find that IE locks up too much and crashes too much. EDGE is quite different from IE though so you will have to allow some "break in time" to get the hang of it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein