Esteemed Contributor

Re: MacBook Pro ... Jumping Cursor

@Mz iMac, thank you for the link.  It's so good of you to share.  The only thing that might help is starting up in safe mode.  I have never done that.  I have had the problem since I bought the computer.  I should have done something sooner.  Thankfully, it is still under warranty.  Will advise how my appointment goes Monday.  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Mz iMac, thank you for the link.  It's so good of you to share.  The only thing that might help is starting up in safe mode.  I have never done that.  I have had the problem since I bought the computer.  I should have done something sooner.  Thankfully, it is still under warranty.  Will advise how my appointment goes Monday.  LM

Please do.  It happened to me yesterday.  I don't use the trackpad, I use a mouse.  I don't have baggy sleeves which might brush the trackpad. I shutdown my Macbook every night.  It hasn't alway been a problem but lately, it happens everytime I type something.  It doesn't matter what program I'm using.  I'll look up and I'm typing in the middle of the previous sentence.  So annoying! 

Honored Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@Lilysmom wrote:

Please do.  It happened to me yesterday.  I don't use the trackpad, I use a mouse.  I don't have baggy sleeves which might brush the trackpad. I shutdown my Macbook every night.  It hasn't alway been a problem but lately, it happens everytime I type something.  It doesn't matter what program I'm using.  I'll look up and I'm typing in the middle of the previous sentence.  So annoying! 

Did this start after the last update? It could be related to that if it did. Does it occur across multiple programs (e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets) or is the problem confined to just one program? If it occurs across multiple programs that implies it's more of a systemic issue, either OS or hardware. If it only occurs with one program then it's likely an issue with that software only. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

It doesn't matter what program I use.  I have the same updates on my iMac the it never happens with it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@glb613@gardenman@Mz iMac@jaxs mom@millieshops, I was at the Apple Store today and this is what they are going to do...see below.  A $600 repair.  My MacBook Pro is less than a year old so it is under warranty.  LM

Replace Top Case w/Battery, 
923-01376 Trackpad Cable, Flex 
S1490LL/A Hardware Repair Labor

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom wrote:

@glb613@gardenman@Mz iMac@jaxs mom@millieshops, I was at the Apple Store today and this is what they are going to do...see below.  A $600 repair.  My MacBook Pro is less than a year old so it is under warranty.  LM

I find it annoying but not $600.00 worth.  I'll save the money and spend it on a new computer. 

Esteemed Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@Lilysmom wrote:

I find it annoying but not $600.00 worth.  I'll save the money and spend it on a new computer. 

@glb613, I totally agree.  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

@Lilysmom wrote:

@glb613, I totally agree.  LM

I was at Apple's website and saw the new iMac which is coming out in December.  Wow, it is nice.  Of course there was no price listed.  I'm just about ready to format my current iMac and buy a new one. Unlike a lot of people, I use my desktop most of the time and prefer it to my notebook computer or iPad.  Thanks for the information.  

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

Wow! That's a pricey repair. I'm glad yours is still under warranty. I pretty much rebuilt my computer this year (new motherboard, 8 gb's ram, six core CPU, ssd, and a new OS) for a bit over $400.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom

When you go to pick up your MBP make sure it is working to your satisfaction BEFORE you leave the Apple Store.

Also, I strongly suggest that you purchase AppleCare for an extra 3 yrs of coverage/warranty BEFORE your standard 1 yr warranty is up.  Better yet, see if the AS can give you a deal and/or you negotiate one regarding the cost of AppleCare for your "inconvenience."

Thanks for posting back the update.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif