Honored Contributor

My laptop is now 5 years old and driving me crazy, so while I've vowed never to buy Apple I'm thinking about just that with the One Day Only Price they have today.  That price is actually less than Apple wanted for the same item (more or less) 5 years ago.  How can that be?

Does someone know why I'd\ want a newer machine when all I use my computer for is to come here, to do my email, and to follow my accounts and pay bills? 

Do I really need newer and bigger?  Should I just be searching for an old, refurbished model?  Take my current machine to repair?  Ideas please   Thanks for any pertinent info.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

My laptop is now 5 years old and driving me crazy, so while I've vowed never to buy Apple I'm thinking about just that with the One Day Only Price they have today.  That price is actually less than Apple wanted for the same item (more or less) 5 years ago.  How can that be?

Does someone know why I'd\ want a newer machine when all I use my computer for is to come here, to do my email, and to follow my accounts and pay bills? 

Do I really need newer and bigger?  Should I just be searching for an old, refurbished model?  Take my current machine to repair?  Ideas please   Thanks for any pertinent info.

I don't know why people don't restore their malfuntioning computers back to factory condition and start over before buying new.  It's free and easy to do.  You need to back up or save what you can't afford to lose and use either the recovery disks or recovery partition.  The only thing bad about it is reinstalling the software and Windows updates.  Windows updates can be done while you do other things checking on the progress and clicking restart as needed. 

Esteemed Contributor

If you decide to buy an Apple product buy it from the Apple Store ... you will get the most current version of whatever it is your buying.

Respected Contributor

Why would you not want to buy Apple??  Check them out at an Apple store.  Youll never regret it.