Respected Contributor

I wish my son had answered my questions about it as I downloaded it. It seems to have corrupted a couple of my applications. Also, no noticeable increase in  speed. My advice is stick with High Sierra for now.

Honored Contributor

I am still running Sierra (last version) on my iMac.  High Sierra censored.gifup my iMac when it was spanking brand new.  I had a lot of games that were not compatible so I reverted back.  Thank God for TM!

I have one game left that I have not "completed" yet-Luxor HD.  I am currently playing the last level which I have lost over 1000xs.  hidemf3.gifWhen I do win, will consider upgrading. Smiley LOL

Still running SL on my 2012 MBP.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Re: Mac OS Mojave

[ Edited ]

I upgraded.  My iMac is about 4 years old. The process was long (over 1 hour, excluding the power failure) but worked in spite of a power failure at our house.  The only problem I continue to have is that on occasion, I am unable to open Fox News Channel or Fox Business Network websites using Safari.  I have to use Firefox instead.  The only "app" I use is Banktivity 6 (formerly iBank).  While it has quirks, they are the same ones I had before.  Other than that, Mojave works for me.

Honored Contributor

I installed the update yesterday- first day I got notification about it.  It went smoothly and I haven't noticed any changes except for the additon of a news icon.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Passed and thank God they don't force it on you like Windows does.

Who wants a black screen that's what it looks like to me.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE I use the black backgrouund screen.  I love it.  I try to keep my Operating System up-to-date.

Honored Contributor

I'm still running Sierra, not High Sierra.  Didn't even know there was a High Sierra.  Once when I updated my Mac OS, my Parallels would no longer work with it, and I would have to pay to get a Parallels update to work with the new OS.  Parallels is a program that allows you to run Windows programs on a Mac.  I ended up saying s---w that and bought a cheap Windows laptop which I refused to upgrade to Windows 10, so I'm running Windows 7 on it.  I checked with the 2 programs that really mattered to me and they had no plans to abandon Windows 7.  The only other program I use is for the church and I have told them if they want to upgrade their EasyWorship to a newer version they'll have to find someone else to do the hymns for them.  I don't think that'll be a problem though.  I'm not as much worried about messing up downloaded stuff as I am stuff I paid for that might no longer be compatible, like Filemaker Pro or MS Office.  So, I'm staying put for now.