Respected Contributor

Has anyone upgraded to it yet? pros? cons?

Honored Contributor

yes, I updated the day it came out. Not a huge change. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom How long did it take to update, please?

Honored Contributor

I don't remember as it's been a month. Probably an hour. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

I'm concerned about my programs not being compatible.  I have a lot of games I can no longer play because the developers haven't updated them to work with the new OS I currently have.  I fully understand because it's expensive and how many people will replay the games. 

Respected Contributor

Just got a pop up notification

This terrifies me. The last upgrade damaged my programs and totally wiped out one of my sons computers.

This mac is only a month old so I don't want to risk anything.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm too afraid to upgrade it now. I know its time to - but I'm not big into change and am afraid of how it would change my laptop interface at this time. 

Esteemed Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:

I'm concerned about my programs not being compatible.  I have a lot of games I can no longer play because the developers haven't updated them to work with the new OS I currently have.  I fully understand because it's expensive and how many people will replay the games. 

That happened to me on my iPad....with the latest IOS 12 upgrade. Many of my games are no longer working and the developers don't answer emails - saying that the apps won't open. Many developers of the games don't upgrade, so the app is useless. I agree - I'm not looking forward to Mojave. 

Respected Contributor

I upgraded about a week ago.  It took a little over an hour.  I was running High Sierra on a 2011 MacBook Pro.  

So far no problems, but that may be because I don't have many games or other downloaded programs.  I've noticed a few changes but nothing earth shattering for me.  

Honored Contributor

I haven't gotten any specific notification yet, but I'm inclined to wait until the dust settles before I decide to upgrade.  On my older MacBook Pro, I'm still using Sierra and it's working just fine.  I do have High Sierra on my newer Mac, but will hold off for a bit.