Honored Contributor

I just upgraded to Mojave I am on a MacBook Air and Word shuts down everyone I go to print, HELP

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

Re: MS/Word Printer Issue

[ Edited ]

I know your computer model and your OS. But you do not say what printer you are using or what version of Word/MS Office you have installed. Either one could be relevant. Might be that the printer driver for your model printer now is not compatible with the new OS or conflicts with your Word for Mac.

Does the printer perform properly printing any other way like an Internet page or from some other app, meaning does this occur only when you print from Word or every time you try to print you have a problem?

I think the driver is the most likely problem and solution.I would look to update or upgrade the printer driver by going to the site of the printer manufacturer, like HP or Canon, etc., and looking if a driver is  available to go better with your OS.

An old version of Word may be the culprit. Eventually, the oldest software gets cranky with a new OS. Especially across a platform like using Word on a Mac. So Word might be very confused. 

I worded your problem into a Google search ("Macbook air with Mojave shuts down Word when I print") and found a couple of relevant threads on Mac/Apple help sites. Perhaps they might be more successful for ideas or answers:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8561664

https://macpaw.com/how-to/fix-macos-mojave-problems

Hope I've helped just to get you some insight.

Honored Contributor

Re: MS/Word Printer Issue

[ Edited ]

Make sure you are using the latest version of Word as well as Mojave which is now OS10.14.1. 

If you are already using the latest version of Word & it is Word that is crashing & NOT your printer, suggest you post your concerns on the Word forums.  Copy/paste link:  answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum?sort=LastReplyDate&dir=Desc&tab=All&status=all&mod=&modAge=&advFil=&postedAfter=&postedBefore=&threadType=All&isFilterExpanded=false&page=1

Or try the Apple forums.  There are a few Microsoft users over there that can possibly help.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac

Thank you but I can not seem to update my version of word, I have checked the app store and there is no update.

It seems to be a known issue which is annoying and means it could be months before it is fixed 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

The issue is still existing but I have realized that DH's Mac has not updated its system as yet so I can print from his