Super Contributor

My Moto G Power just started talking gibberish to me non-stop and my screens are so locked up I can't get into my systems tab or scroll screens at all.

I've rebooted umpteen times in the last couple of days. I finally ordered a new one from HSN.

Anyone else have a problem?

Esteemed Contributor

@SchippyLuv

You can recover your contacts and other data. 

My smartphone locked me out once. I reset the phone by pressing the power button, and volume rockers. I found a system menu to clear the phone and re-install the data from a backup. 

Here are the general steps. A Moto phone may reset a little different than a Samsung. 

Check the condition of your data in your Google account with your computer. You should be able to see your data. I do hope you have auto backup turned on. 

Turn off auto backup sync  in Google on your computer. 

You can wait for new phone and use the restore feature in your Google account. 

When your new phone is running you can reset your old Moto.

Please go online and read about using restore on new phone and clearing data from the old one. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: MOTO G POWER PROBLEMS

[ Edited ]

Mine is working ok (so far).  But I just added my phone app to Google and  pc.   

I have to renew my tracfone service in December and I most likely will look for one that is a tad smaller and lighter.  I see Tracfone itself sells refurbished IPhones.  l Never bought a refurbished anything before. 

Hope your problem is resolved.  It would be cool if it is just a "reset" problem.

Honored Contributor

Just a heads up for anyone looking for a new Tracfone. They're selling their bundles (phone and year of airtime) on eBay also now directly through Tracfone at good prices. If one of the shopping channels doesn't have a deal you like, give them a look there. Tracfone may be looking at eBay as an alternative to the home shopping channels.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

My original Moto G Power is still on the Fritz. It's so locked up I can barely sign into it and it won't stop talking gibberish! Trying to get it to reset to original condition is impossible too. I tried everything...

My new one came yesterday and I love it. It's the exact same phone, but it works so much better - and I loved my old one. I think my old one was defective out of the box, but it's so well designed that I didn't notice that anything was wrong until it had a total melt down.

Now I'm trying to get my old one to run out of battery - but that's tough because it's got such good battery life. Once it's outa juice, I'll remove the battery and the sim card and throw it all away.

Setting up my new one was the easiest ever - and I've had more than a dozen different Tracphones over the years. It replaced all of my apps in the right position on my screens and it retained all of my passwords. I only have one app that I need to do some work on - I'm beyond pleased with my new phone!

Esteemed Contributor

@ritasNo1Fan wrote:

Mine is working ok (so far).  But I just added my phone app to Google and  pc.   

I have to renew my tracfone service in December and I most likely will look for one that is a tad smaller and lighter.  I see Tracfone itself sells refurbished IPhones.  l Never bought a refurbished anything before. 

@ritasNo1Fan 

I would only buy a refurbished iPhone from Apple. The phone would look like  new  and have a one year warranty.