Contributor

Lesson Learned with QVC and Shipping.........

I ordered a Dell Laptop for my husband for Christmas. Purchased it as the TSV a few weeks back. When I spoke with a CS rep, she informed me the CD Rom would be shipped separately from the computer. I should expect the CD around 10/11 and the computer would be around the 26th. She also tole me someone had to be home in order to receive the computer because a signature was required.

The computer arrived, (I had it shipped to my moms so hubby would't catch wind of it) on the day that the CD as supposed, 2 weeks ahead of schedule, which would have been fine, but, no one was home, so UPS left it outside, with the words DELL printed all over the box AND it was pouring rain so when my mother finally got to it, the box was soaking wet.

After hours on the phone between QVC, Dell and UPS, come to find out, QVC DOES NOT require a signature for computers. I can't believe a $1,000.00 piece of equipment does no require and signature and can be left out for anyone to take.

After speaking with Dell they insisted I send the computer back immediately because the insides were probably fried. Lesson learned, just a heads up to anyone who is thinking of purchsing electronics from QVC. Call UPS and ask if there is a signature required. Even though Dell required a signature for this item, QVC does not and that's what UPS goes by.