Contributor

Would anyone who already received their LePan tablet that was the TSV last month let me know what they think of theirs. No reviews are showing, only that it is sold out which has me leaning toward cancelling my advanced sale order. They must be hiding something but maybe I am being paranoid. TIA

Respected Contributor

Cancel your order and buy a better tablet.

Frequent Contributor

Hi. I've had my LePan since July 22. It fully charged really fast - way less time than they indicated. It's lightweight. I am enjoying this tablet for the features I've explored. Set up out the box was easy. Setting my preferences was just as easy but I do wish it came with a play-by-play user guide so I could understand the Settings choices. I printed the manual that was provided on the QVC page. It's okay - more of a general overview. I did spend some time searching out information online and found tidbits that was helpful. Not always successful, but I do look. I also downloaded the Le Pan Tablet TC 970 from LePan's website just for informational purposes.

I have a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (which I LOVE). But I am favoring this LePan just a bit more in some areas, so here goes.

What I like so far -
1. Lock screen password (I have it set so password won't kick in for two mins after screen goes to sleep)
2. Bluetooth set up was easy
3. I like that I can change the wallpaper
4. Battery lasts a bit over a week for me so far, but I am just taking time to get to know it - I have not transitioned over full time yet.
5. Love the Apps and have downloaded a few. I have some games, but have not taken time to play yet. Just opened and poked around.
6. The Reset button is scary, because from what I read, once you do that it defaults back to manufacturers settings. I hope I never have that pleasure.
7. You can schedule the power to come on and off. I love that feature since I don't need to have it on all the time.
8. I have no knowledge about microsd cards, so I researched it. Some info was very scary. I recently bought a microsdhc 32gb card and put a few songs on it just to see if it would be painful to access. It was a breeze. So I will be placing more music on it soon. I also plan to place a movie or two on it as well - but no rush for me there.
9. I added the Kindle App and find it easy to use.
10. Most of all I was amazed at all Google has to offer. I've been with Amazon for so long that I haven't venture away, but I'm liking what I'm learning about Google.
11. The camera is ok - I find that the closer I am to the subject the better the pic (not so grainy). Same for video.
12. The Google talk gives clear audio response.

I'm still working my way around this and am taking my sweet ol' time. Like I said, I not techy, but I can find my way around some things. I have read comments about LePan, but I do believe a company has to start somewhere and for $99.96, I believe I found a gem.

Final note - Give it a try. That extended return policy (by January 31, 2015), is the only reason I went for it. The normal 30 days would not be enough time (for me) to get to know this or any other tablet.

LadyA

P.S., there's another member here - Letsgoplaces - who also gave a good review on this (it's farther down the page and subject is "LePan mini tablet sales rep" - page 2. Maybe they will add some info here too. Here's what they said,

"I bought this tablet and it's amazing. Reviews on Amazon are 5 star. I own several well known brands, samsung note, galaxy and several kindles. This tablet is every bit as good and actually nicer in some areas. I DID Google LePan and read the amazon reviews and that along with qvc's extended return clinched it for me. Its AMAZING, clear picture, nice camera, smooth fast response on the screen and downloads are quick and easy. I got a GREAT deal on a fabulous tablet. Too bad it's sold out but I'd buy again from Amazon even though it costs more there."

Esteemed Contributor

Geez....WJ...must you be so nasty....these boards are filled with hostile people tonight...

Anyway.....LadyAmara....thanks for the review....my SIL bought five of them for her grandchildren....being it was me who told her about CIJ....when she said what she had bought I was concerned that she made a mistake...but I didn't want to spoil it for her...glad you found it fairly easy...her grands will only be playing some games...so I am guessing these tablets will fill the bill for her....

Super Contributor
LadyAmara, there is a user manuel in the Help icon on the Lepan's desktop. I have used the reset feature twice already without any problems. I am still learning the mini tablet, but I have no regrets in my purchase. I am having fun with it. You tap twice to zoom in or out. There is a magnification feature. You can't install flash player to view certain videos. But there is you tube installed. This is an excellent buy for the price. Lots of apps are included.
Contributor

LadyAmara - Thanks so much for taking the time to post such a concise review and touching on so many points that are important to me. I only have a Nook tablet that is several years old now and I spend many hours reading on it but I wanted something that offered more apps. and I'm not able to spend much money to get a tablet capable of doing this. I usually only post on the home forum where things are usually friendly so I just ignored WilliamJoseph's nasty comment.

Respected Contributor

I've been thinking of purchasing a tablet, but don't want to pay the $$ for the Apple. Does anyone have a less expensive brand that they are happy with? I probably wouldn't be using it on a daily basis. I also have a Kindle Fire which I love and can't live without!

Thanks!!

Occasional Contributor

I love mine! bought it for the grandkids so they wouldn't use my tablet but find myself using the lePan, great tablet for price!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/2/2014 di-mc said:

I've been thinking of purchasing a tablet, but don't want to pay the $$ for the Apple. Does anyone have a less expensive brand that they are happy with? I probably wouldn't be using it on a daily basis. I also have a Kindle Fire which I love and can't live without!

Thanks!!

You will be happy with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 or 4. They come in 7, 8 or 10.1 inch sizes. You can check reviews online and video on YouTube. Best Buy online has the most organized product list.

Frequent Contributor

deleted due to font