Respected Contributor

I just got a new iPad.  I know how to make this type larger but everything on the screen is so tiny.   Is there a way to enlarge the QVC page?  The list of forums is minuscule.    TIA

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal   Can't you "pinch" it out to make it bigger?  That's what I do on my cheap tablets.

New Mexicoā˜€ļøLand Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

You can change the font size on tablets. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Larger QVC page

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal, In addition to the pinch-to-zoom feature @Kachina624 mentioned, there are a number of other options.šŸ˜Š

For example, you can tap the AA icon on the left side of the Safari address bar to display the view menu, then tap the large A on the right to increase the size or the small A on the left to decrease, tap the percentage in the center to return to the default size:

iPadSafariTextSizeControls

Also, you might take a look at the Accessibility features in the Settings menu.   I've used the "Zoom" feature there, on my older iPad 3, to be able to double-tap with three fingers to zoom in and out on websites that didn't allow the pinch-to-zoom.

The "Display & Text Size" are useful, too.

There are numerous choices...  I find it best to take time and try them out, one-by-one, to see how they work.   You also can read about each one on Apple's website user guide, 

copy and paste this URL:

support.apple.com/guide/ipad/get-started-with-accessibility-features-ipad9a2465f9/13.0/ipados/13.0

or search for

"Get started with accessibility features on iPad"

iPadAccessibilitySettings

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spiritā€”the parallel powers of your heart and mindā€”better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal, Another option is to change your setting here in the Q Community under "Preferences," then under "Display," section "Text size."   

Of course, this only takes effect when we're signed in since it's customized to our own personal settings.

Be sure to click/tap "SAVE" after making changes.   You can go back and forth and try various sizes to see the difference.   

(note:  going up to larger sizes on this setting sometimes will affect "siggy" displays on posts, cutting of part of the poster's signature line or not showing it at all)

2DA58B9F-2A0D-4D15-88DD-B6B88B0616D9.jpeg

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spiritā€”the parallel powers of your heart and mindā€”better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo 

Wow!  Thank you!  I had no idea I could click on the aA up there!  

I have had my iPad for years too.šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜ŠšŸ˜ŠšŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š Still learning new tricks!

Thanks again!  

ā€œI heard the sound I had to followā€
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

Might want to also check the brightness setting.  It can make a difference in how sharp the letters are.  

Honored Contributor

You're welcome, @4kitties!  I'm glad it was helpful!

I know how you feel...  I've been using iPads for years and years and yet still I find new features pretty frequently.   

Lots of hidden treasures waiting to be discovered!   

We used to have a thread here in Electronics called something like "iPad/iPhone Tips and Tricks" and posters could add helpful gems whenever they wanted.   It was interesting to just read through it now and then for ideas.   Not sure why it became inactive...  maybe it would be a good thing to start up again.   

@Still Raining,  That's such a good point!   I didn't even think of that.   Thanks!

Take care, eveyone.ā¤ļø

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo  Even though I have been using Macs since 1999, there are still a great many "tricks" as well as "tips" I am unaware of.  I have yet found a Mac "Easter Egg" which every OS has since the beginning of Apple OSes.  Not that I have been hunting for them. Smiley LOL  I believe folks find them accidentally.

I keep a folder of  "tips & tricks" that are listed in MacWorld & OXDaily.  My latest find was in Apple News of all places.......

Mac Tricks.png

The trick "Turn a Website Into A Dock App" does not work for me.  At least not on my iMac using Catalina or my MBP using Snow Leopard.  Maybe it works on an iPhone or iPad?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@dooBdoo  Even though I have been using Macs since 1999, there are still a great many "tricks" as well as "tips" I am unaware of.  I have yet found a Mac "Easter Egg" which every OS has since the beginning of Apple OSes.  Not that I have been hunting for them. Smiley LOL  I believe folks find them accidentally.

I keep a folder of  "tips & tricks" that are listed in MacWorld & OXDaily.  My latest find was in Apple News of all places.......

Mac Tricks.png

The trick "Turn a Website Into A Dock App" does not work for me.  At least not on my iMac using Catalina or my MBP using Snow Leopard.  Maybe it works on an iPhone or iPad?

Very cool that you're compiling goodies like that, @Mz iMac!   You are a veritable library... or an encyclopedia... of tips and tricks!   You're a champ.šŸ˜Š 

I was thinking about the old iPad/iPhone tips thread after I posted, and remembered that over time as new iOS versions began to make significant changes it was hard to be sure our instructions worked for all posters with all models and software versions.   Overall, the general principles still match up, but settings, features, option names, etc., and now even some physical features sometimes change.   I haven't thought about Apple's Easter Eggs in a long time.  They can be fun!    If memory serves, the ones we discovered used Terminal and I think we played around with those back in the "olden days" with our MacIntosh computers (the ones with the tiny screens...  but they were cute!) in the mid-to-late 1980s and early 1990s.  Nice memories.   Even using Apples and Macs for so long, I agree there's still  so much I don't know.

I just tried the "Turn a Website Into A Dock App" on my old iMac (macOS High Sierra) -- I think you have to use Safari for it to work -- and it worked like a charm.   The iPhone and iPad have their own Safari menu item that allows a quick tap and save of the site to the "home screen" and then we can decide which apps we want on our dock by simply sliding icons around.

I hope this makes sense!   It's really hot and humid here and my AC decided to stop cooling...  and I think my brain goes on "hold status" when it starts to feel the heat!   Take care, and be safe, my friend.ā¤ļø