Honored Contributor

Re: Laptop or tablet??

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@bargainsgirl , I am with @CalminHeart .  I have a MacBook Pro and an iPad Pro.  I would say, if you can afford it, do both.  I do committee work on a volunteer basis and for that I need MacBook Pro.  I need numbers, pages, etc.  I use my iPad Pro most of the time.  I live it's portability and when I travel I take that.

With respect to IPad Pro, I won't be buying the Pro next time.  There is nothing I have done on the Pro that can't be done on a regular iPad imo.  I will repeat what someone else said to me today...get one with loads of memory.  My iPad Pro has 128 GB and it was almost full until I did a major cull of photos, apps, etc.

Finally, Apple products speak to Apple products with great ease.  I would not add android at this stage of the game.  So easy to share documents, photos, music, address books, etc.

Good luck in your choice!  S aka Lilysmom 

I have a MacBook Pro and iPad too.  I had an iPad Pro and it was stolen. I didn't replace it with another iPad Pro either and don't regret it at all. There are times the laptop is required but I use the iPad most of the time too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom1

You may want to consider the a 256 GB iPad  Air as your next device. 

Respected Contributor

@Nuttmeg , that is definitely where I'm going.  I recovered a lot of memory in the cleanup which was probably a good thing but I will always opt for the highest memory next time.  S

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@Nuttmeg , that is definitely where I'm going.  I recovered a lot of memory in the cleanup which was probably a good thing but I will always opt for the highest memory next time.  S

For those who venture outside the Apple ecosystem, you'll find tablets that let you add micro-sd cards for additional storage at a very low price. Far lower than the cost of buying additional internal memory. You can get name brand 256 GB micro sd cards for under $30 these days. To go from the base 32GB iPad to the 128 GB iPad adds $100 to the cost. For other tablets with a micro-sd card slot, you can add 256 GBs for less than $30. and still have the original internal memory also. Samsung tablets let you add up to a 1 TB micro-sd card. The 1TB cards are a tad pricey (around $200), but you can go that high if you wish to. The Samsung family of tablets tend to get very good reviews and the Android family of products are very good at coordinating information. Everything syncs across the whole platform quite nicely.

Changing platforms all at once (phone, tablets, laptops, etc.) can be daunting and expensive if done all at once, but a piecemeal approach can also work out over time.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@ritasNo1Fan wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Both for me.  Always have an HP desktop computer....and I have three IPads throughout the house. I use all of them daily. 

I too use Android tablets and a laptop and an Ipad.  !  I also own a well-used Chromebook which I will immediately replace when the time comes.    Couldn't live without....

@ritasNo1Fan

Here are two YouTube channels I used when shopping for a tablet and Chromebook.

Chrome Unboxing and My New Tablet. 

Hey you!  THANKS....very interesting stuff you pointed me to.  Smiley LOL