Super Contributor

Also i never got any error messages at all.

Valued Contributor

try removing the battery and powering it on just plugged in.  If the battery has failed it will still try to keep charging and not have enough power to boot up at the same time.  You can use it plugged in without the battery in if that is the case.

Super Contributor

Re: Laptop died

[ Edited ]

Remove the battery, plug in the power supply cord and turn on your laptop.  Do you have any lights?  Mine has a light next to where the power cord plugs in.  If there is no light, it may very well be the power supply cord is defective. 

Super Contributor

So i went on Toshiba website and looked up troubleshooting and they said the power cord so i used the other laptop cord and it came on so i need to buy a new adapter. Thanks to everyone for their help.

Honored Contributor

@plc123 wrote:

So i went on Toshiba website and looked up troubleshooting and they said the power cord so i used the other laptop cord and it came on so i need to buy a new adapter. Thanks to everyone for their help.

The power brick is the typical cause of the failure you reported. They tend to burn out fairly easily. The good news is they're cheap (around $20 and up) and easily replaced. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Sometimes my HP will shut down automatically for no reason - give it another try.  I keep mine plugged in all the time.  The thing I would hate about that is I love Windows 7 and the new computers all have Windows 10.

If you like the look of a win7 screen you can have that original look without the tiles. WIn7 is probably obsolete by now or pretty close to becoming obsolete. I had vista and XP and dreaded changing but, glad I did you get use to it like you did with win7.

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

If you've had it more than about 3-4 years, depending on how much you use it, your battery may be bad.

@plc123

Even on a dead battery it should still turn on when plufgged in

Honored Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

@software wrote:

If you've had it more than about 3-4 years, depending on how much you use it, your battery may be bad.

@plc123

Even on a dead battery it should still turn on when plufgged in

Yep. When there's nothing at all it's typically the power brick that's failed, and that was the case here. The good news is it's a cheap and easy fix. Twenty or thirty bucks buys a new brick and you're back in business.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!