Respected Contributor

I am thinking about getting it too.

Anyone know anything about security? I mean is it safe to log onto my email & banking info?
I leave for vacation in a week and I would really like to take this with?

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/8/2014 Sandgirl said:

Anyone know anything about security? I mean is it safe to log onto my email & banking info?

It is not safe to use public networks or free wi-fi at anytime for banking. Your cell phone and a data network work be more safe.

Respected Contributor
On 11/8/2014 nutmeg3 said:

Anyone know anything about security? I mean is it safe to log onto my email & banking info?<br /> I leave for vacation in a week and I would really like to take this with?

It is not safe to use public networks or free wi-fi at anytime for banking. Your cell phone and a data network work be more safe.

Oh ok. I have my laptop and cell on my own home wifi secure but I have never used my Samsung S5 phone for banking, I just feel my phone wouldn't be secure....?

Honored Contributor
I do like that the H S N package comes with the keyboard case. And I do want to upgrade to the H D X but I'll wait a while.
Honored Contributor
I never in a million years would use that keyboard. I want to hold my tablet in my hand and kick back in a recliner. You pretty much need to be at a desk to use the keyboard. I have a device similar to but better than the hand-holder device they were selling, and I love it. You can get them cheaper on Amazon.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor
On 11/8/2014 nutmeg3 said:

Anyone know anything about security? I mean is it safe to log onto my email & banking info?<br /> I leave for vacation in a week and I would really like to take this with?

Oh ok. I have my laptop and cell on my own home wifi secure but I have never used my Samsung S5 phone for banking, I just feel my phone wouldn't be secure....?

I would use an app from my bank on a cell phone with a data plan.

Esteemed Contributor
Pretty sure this is last year's model (the new one is 4x faster and the keyboard is integrated). I have the old 8.9 HDX and it is great!
Regular Contributor

I ordered an HDX last year around the holiday's from amazon. I returned it since my screen had a bluish/purplish tint around the edge and when I read books it drove me crazy. I went back to using my Paperwhite.

Regular Contributor

Android is pretty safe, however I use the Mobile Security and Antivirus app by Eset, which is free on the Amazon site. In addition I have the app, Clean Master for my Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX which cleans up all the junk that accumulates. Both apps are free on Amazon. Both apps have been working very well for me.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for all your replies. I did not order it as some of you thought it was last year's model. Then I remembered that a lot of electronics on shopping channels are older models and the manufacturer is trying to clear out their inventory.

Thanks again.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta