Honored Contributor

Is there a simple way to discontinue all recording on DISH hopper?

[ Edited ]

I've called them several times.  They were able to stop prime time recording for me with a simple step, but they claim there is no way to stop recording everything.  I wish I had never started recording series.  The hopper fills up too soon and I have to constantly cancel.  Also, I dislike the switching to the recorded show while I am watching something else.  If Im sitting there and wanted to watch that show, I would.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is there a simple way to discontinue all recording on DISH hopper?

@depglass.

Hit the DVR button on the remote, and then go to the Timers button. This lists the programs you've told the DVR to record for you on a regular basis.

If you delete an entry here, that show will no longer be recorded, ever.

You can also reorder the priorities of your programs here as well. So, for instance, if you want to make sure a certain show is always recorded, move it higher on your list.

Making any changes on this screen will cause the DVR to rebuild its schedule of shows to record - which will take a few minutes. During this time the DVR won't be responsive to your commands.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass 

We have the Dish Hopper 3.  Not quite sure of your exact problem. Do your have The Hopper/Hopper Sling or Hopper 3?  They all are similar in how they function, just more features. 

You say "the Hopper fills up too soon"? All Hoppers have the "Remove Trash". By doing that it frees up it's hard drive space and it also tells you how much space you have used, just like your computer.

Switching "to the recorded show"? I have had all 3 versions of the Hopper and have never had it "switch to a recorded show" while "I am watching something else". Are you reading and following the "tabs" at the top of the screen when it says "options", the pushing the "options button"?

Dish has an exclusive channel that explains how to work all of the Hoppers. It used to be channel 101, but I haven't checked it for a long time, so it may have changed. Some of the things you have described I have never seen happen, UNLESS! I accidentally hit a WRONG button., which I do in a kinda regular basis.

You can control all features on any of the Hopper series. The only recordings you CANNOT CONTROL are ones Dish Networks puts on all their customers Hoppers. Those I just "delete".

Got a more specific question?  Tell me which Hopper you have and explain what you have tried to do to with what feature.

I love my Hopper 3 and have a "voice control remote", but I really don't even use that feature. There is no function I cannot control except the 1 I mentioned before on this post. 

Stay safe and stay well,

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut,  I have had the channel switching to a show that is about to be recorded when I have two of the three tuners on my Hopper/Sling recording.  When I try to return to a channel I want to watch a menu pops up that allows me to instruct the Hopper to free a tuner and switch to the channel I want to watch.

For example I have two shows set to record at the same time and am watching channel ___ but want to switch to channel ____.  That is when the pop up occurs and I have to tell the Hopper what I want to do--stop recording one of the programs or free the tuner used for the channel I had been watching.  I can then go to the channel I want to watch.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp 

I never had that problem with my Hopper with Sling. My remote had a "recall button" right below the "play" key, same as my present remote with the Hopper 3. 

Decided on the Hopper 3 after my wife retired. She likes to record her shows also, so went with the "record 16 at the same time while watching even a 17th". Also like the larger hard drive, but still have a 2tb.external hard drive connected to transfer things we like to keep.

Electronics are strange things. Even the exact same machines, like cars, don't perform the same. My Hopper with Sling only switched if I hit a wrong button.  Hmmm!

hckynut

hckynut(john)