Trusted Contributor

Is It a Difficult Process to Transfer Phones With Tracfone.

I purchased a new Tracfone from QVC a few months ago and have been putting off having everything transferred from the old phone to the new one.

I do not have much knowledge when it comes to this type of thing.  Can you call Tracfone and they'll do everything for you, or do you still need to do some of the transfers of pictures, contacts, etc. on your own?   Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is It a Difficult Process to Transfer Phones With Tracfone.

@BunSnoop wrote:

I purchased a new Tracfone from QVC a few months ago and have been putting off having everything transferred from the old phone to the new one.

I do not have much knowledge when it comes to this type of thing.  Can you call Tracfone and they'll do everything for you, or do you still need to do some of the transfers of pictures, contacts, etc. on your own?   Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

It can be pretty easy. Since it's a Tracfone I'm assuming it's an Android phone. If so, then when you log into Google on your new phone it will transfer much of what you have on the old phone over. There are also transfer apps that you can install on both phones where you scan a QR code from one phone to the other and they transfer data from the old phone to the new one. It can all be done pretty easily and surprise you with how easy it all is. It can take a while, but it's not hard.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop I got a new one last year and it was by far the easiest transfer ever.  I just followed the prompts and done.  To make sure I emailed myself the pictures I wanted but google did everything for me.  If you don't have a google account with the phone you have now then you may not be able to transfer pictures and other stuff.

Honored Contributor

Ive never had my pictures transfer, even with the Transfer Wizard App, so I send them to myself in emails before I close down the old phone.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BunSnoop 

If you moving your data from one Android device to another, you can find directions online with a Google search. You will find videos and help branded as Google. 

Ask these questions?

How to backup my data to a Google account?

How to restore (move) my data to a new device?

Android will help you setup your phone from the welcome screen.