Honored Contributor

@ritasNo1Fan wrote:

I played with one in the Apple store and it's a beauty.  I wonder how stable it is if I use it on my lap in bed?  Might be awkward.  I do love that size.

@ritasNo1Fan

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at Tue, Sep 27, 2016-9.38.44 AM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

My Sweety surprised me for our anniversary with the ipad pro 9.7. I love it so much. It's lightning fast and just the right size. I have been an iphone user for years and wouldn't think of changing. I do love apple products.

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde, I am with you on this one.  I have iPad 3.  DH offered to buy me the iPad Pro.  I checked all the techie talk sites and most of them say new iPad Pro in the spring.  I'm waiting til then,

I am also going with a Mac computer when my HP dies.  Getting tired of all the windows nonsense.  

Post if you hear anything different about the Pro pls.  LM

Respected Contributor

I've had Samsung and Apple and I prefer Apple. Also when I had mixed items, it was just too confusing to keep switching between the two brands. KEEP IT SIMPLE. Also easier for everything to talk to each other, like calendar, reminders, notes, etc. 

I may use Ipad mini for my cell phone and ditch my Apple 6S and then, also get a Ipad Pro to replace mt Ipad 4. 

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom, everything's really vague right now. Just checked again, and you can tell that there really are no totally plausible guesses on what improvements there will be or when it'll be released, but "Spring 2017" is the earliest reasonable guess.

I just might spring for the larger size, since it's for home use and size/weight won't matter to me. But it will need to have something I really personally value (better screen for example) or I might just as well buy the current Pro at a lesser price. They haven't upgraded the screen itself in far too long, IMO.

I don't care whether it's dust or waterproof. I don't care about the stupid headphone jack. I don't care if it has a better camera. A better battery and screen would make me a happy camper.

It's really frustrating not knowing, as I'd really like to go out and buy something *now*, but there's not a big point in that. How I'd hate to spend close to $1000 in October and have a new model come out in March!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Regular Contributor

I have an iPad Air 2 and the big iPad Pro. I love both of them.

If you don't need a big screen (the larger iPad Pro is BIG) I'd go with the smaller iPad Pro. It's fast, beautiful and portable.

ETA: the guy at Best Buy said Apple is focusing on upgrading the Macs this next round and, if they do release a new iPad version, its likely a new iPad Pro wouldn't be too different for the current version. 

Super Contributor

Thanks to everyone. Maybe i better wait until spring if a new one is coming,

Valued Contributor

I am loving my Ipad mini, it is about 2 inches smaller and just perfect. Compact enough to really throw in the purse, just love it. Wasnt sure I would came on here and many said they were crazy about it and to stick with it, I did and I am glad.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Moonchilde, I am with you on this one.  I have iPad 3.  DH offered to buy me the iPad Pro.  I checked all the techie talk sites and most of them say new iPad Pro in the spring.  I'm waiting til then,

I am also going with a Mac computer when my HP dies.  Getting tired of all the windows nonsense.  

Post if you hear anything different about the Pro pls.  LM

Thanks for posting this information on the new IPad Pro in the spring.  I was getting ready to purchase the Pro because I'm missing some functions from the download of the new system.  I will wait for the spring now to get the new one.  

Honored Contributor

Since my Gen2 iPad didn't accept the iOS 10 update, I was spooked into upgrading sometime soon to the iPad Pro.

Last night I was at the Apple Store w/ my BFF for a issue he was having. I casually mentioned I was interested in upgrading.  Boom! I walked out with one of those bad boys!

It's huge (12")...and the keyboard is a pinch different.  It'll take some getting used to, but I'm happy with my purchase at this time.  I'm probably more excited it came with a longer recharging cord than the iPad itself!!